WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Zulu.Lieutenant John Chard: What's our strength? Lieutenant Gonville Bromhead: Seven officers including surgeon, commissaries and so on; Adendorff now I suppose; wounded and sick 36, fit for duty 97 and about 40 native levies. Not much of an army for you.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  PublicationsPublications  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Lieutenant H C Young, 2nd Battalion 3rd Regiment, Natal Native Contingent
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 pm by 1879graves

» John Moreland
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptyThu Dec 05, 2019 7:29 pm by 1879graves

» F. W. David Jackson
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptyTue Dec 03, 2019 8:53 pm by ADMIN

» Stoker John Merritt, HMS Boadicea
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySun Dec 01, 2019 6:36 pm by Petty Officer Tom

» 25B/ 1371 Private Thomas Morrison 2/24 Foot, Rorke's Drift Denfender, Facebook Sale
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptyWed Nov 27, 2019 7:18 pm by 1879graves

» New Book on AW Durnford
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 10:28 pm by bill cainan

» Zulu War kit bags
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 9:29 pm by Magnus

» Trooper Walter Granger's account of Isandhlwana.
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 3:26 pm by Julian Whybra

» The search for Gardner's mysterious German
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 12:52 pm by John Young

» Help in identifying this Foreign Service Helment
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 11:36 am by simond9x

» James Garnett
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 pm by 1879graves

» Lieut-Col Ambrose Humphrys Bircham
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 5:53 pm by 1879graves

» Captain Church
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 5:19 pm by 1879graves

» Dynamite at iSandlwana
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 9:13 am by SRB1965

» Dill’s Store
Christmas is just around the corner. EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 11:00 am by Frank Allewell

Lt. Augustus W. Hill, 57th Regt.
Christmas is just around the corner. IMG-7742 Mac and Shad] (Isandula Collection)
The Zulu Wars - Twilight Of The Zulus - Episode 3 - Full Documentary
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
90th
Christmas is just around the corner. Bar_leftChristmas is just around the corner. BarChristmas is just around the corner. Bar_right 
Frank Allewell
Christmas is just around the corner. Bar_leftChristmas is just around the corner. BarChristmas is just around the corner. Bar_right 
littlehand
ADMIN
1879graves
rusteze
Chelmsfordthescapegoat
John
Mr M. Cooper
impi
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.
Top posting users this month
1879graves
Petty Officer Tom
Saul David 1879
WeekendWarrior
ADMIN
Most active topics
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Durnford was he capable.1
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Durnford was he capable. 4
Durnford was he capable.5
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable.2
Durnford was he capable. 3
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.

Christmas is just around the corner.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
old historian2

old historian2

Christmas is just around the corner. Empty
PostSubject: Christmas is just around the corner.   Christmas is just around the corner. EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 8:33 pm

Christmas is just around the corner. So my family have asked me what I would like.I reckon if I play me cards right I can get two Zulu War Book’s

So what recommendations can you lot make?
Back to top Go down
Saul David 1879

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just around the corner.   Christmas is just around the corner. EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:33 pm

Any of these, will do if you want the basic facts on the Zulu war. Problem is they all are very samey.

http://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/?search=ZULU+WAR&searchfor=
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: xmas books   Christmas is just around the corner. EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 2:40 am

hi olh2.
SD"S listing is fine, the best ones i have are THE ZULU WAR THEN AND NOW, plenty of information and photos and
drawings from the war , taken again in the present day from the same spots. By IAN KNIGHT . If you want to read more
about Isandlwana with modern day thoughts and answers , ZULU VICTORY - THE EPIC OF ISANDLWANA AND THE
COVER UP, by Ron Lock and Peter Quantrill, Another if you want accounts of RD is RORKES DRIFT BY THOSE WHO
WERE THERE, by ALAN BAYNHAM-JONES and LEE STEVENSON. If you are prepared to search the net and ebay
you should be able to purchase the copies at VERY REASONABLE prices , if you go to and buy from bookshops you will
pay a lot more . Best way find the ISBN of the books , enter it into GOOGLE search and all places that have the book
will be displayed , you may get 4 books for what you would pay for 1 or 2 by searching the net , I have purchased
books that have been sold as used , but you wouldnt think so !. Its up to you . feel free to contact me if you have any
questions by priv msge.
cheers 90th.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christmas is just around the corner.   Christmas is just around the corner. Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas is just around the corner.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM  :: ZULU WAR PUBLICATIONS & REVIEWS-
Jump to: