WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Zulu Dawn Lt Col Pulleine Lord Chelmsford assures us that there is no way the Zulu can get around us without our knowing. Col Durnford Zulu generals have a nasty habit of doing the unexpected It might be wise to picket the hills

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  PublicationsPublications  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Unidentified 91st Highlander
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyYesterday at 5:48 pm by John Young

» Mystery find.
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 9:43 am by rusteze

» Problems viewing forum.
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptySun Sep 15, 2019 9:07 am by SRB1965

» DNW AUCTIONS / SAGS - ZULU Medals
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 12:52 pm by littlehand

» place where cecil d'arcy FLH died
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 pm by 1879graves

» Private 2049 John Mc Millan a.k.a. John Little 1st 24th (The 2nd Warwickshire) Regiment
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyFri Sep 13, 2019 7:19 pm by 1879graves

» Assumed Position of the Artillery Pieces at Isandlwana
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 12:55 pm by Frank Allewell

» Lt col Hon George Aubrey Vere Bertie
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 10:18 pm by littlehand

» 2nd Lt David Dickson. Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders 
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 3:42 pm by cattailrun

» AZW Essential Reading?
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 am by Frank Allewell

» Non-combat deaths (disease, accidents, suicide, etc.)
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyMon Sep 09, 2019 9:29 pm by ADMIN

» New Book on AW Durnford
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 4:02 pm by Frank Allewell

» Rorkes Drift Battle Relics
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 6:58 am by nitro450

» British Wagon 'flags'
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 pm by John Young

» Was there a AZW Fenton?
My name is Jason Atkin. EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 10:22 am by rusteze

The Prince Imperial of France--rare pose.
My name is Jason Atkin. Screenshot-20190905-111641-Outlook-181x240 Isandula Collection)
Zulu History
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
90th
My name is Jason Atkin. Bar_leftMy name is Jason Atkin. BarMy name is Jason Atkin. Bar_right 
Frank Allewell
My name is Jason Atkin. Bar_leftMy name is Jason Atkin. BarMy name is Jason Atkin. Bar_right 
littlehand
ADMIN
1879graves
rusteze
Chelmsfordthescapegoat
John
Mr M. Cooper
impi
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.
Top posting users this month
Frank Allewell
1879graves
John Young
ADMIN
Erimus
cattailrun
Catiline63
90th
SRB1965
Chelmsfordthescapegoat
Most active topics
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Durnford was he capable.1
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Durnford was he capable. 4
Durnford was he capable.5
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable.2
Durnford was he capable. 3
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.

My name is Jason Atkin.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

My name is Jason Atkin. Empty
PostSubject: My name is Jason Atkin.   My name is Jason Atkin. EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:17 am

My name is Jason Atkin. I'm 36 years old, and am from Sacramento, California. I've been very interested in the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879, and thus the Martini-Henry, since my grandfather introduced me to the movie Zulu many years ago. As a result, I read, study and collect anything related to the Anglo-Zulu War of 1879, particularly, Martini-Henrys. My fondness for firearms goes way back, and I've been collecting and shooting firearms for a number of years. The Zulu-War/Martini-Henry addiction dovetailed nicely with this. I'm an animal lover, so I don't hunt, but I totally support the rights of people who do.
I certainly don't consider myself an "expert" on Martinis, but rather an "enthusiast" and "collector". I don't pretend to know it all, and am constantly striving to learn all I can about these historic weapons. My primary focus, and area of knowledge are the large-frame British military Martini-Henrys. While I own a couple Cadets and Greener Martinis, they are not my specialties.
I currently own twenty-two Martinis of various types and patterns, and am always looking for more. Considering how Martini prices have skyrocketed in the past two years, I may have to start selling my blood and vital organs to support my Martini habit, but it is most definitely a labor of love. I have had to sell some Nagants and SMLEs recently to make room for new acquisitions in the gun safes (have a look at the Classifieds page). Gradually, I see myself only buying Martinis from here on out. Once you've shot one of these old girls, it's hard to go back to a Mosin or Mauser.

http://www.martinihenry.com/mycollection.html
Back to top Go down
old historian2

old historian2

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jason Atkin.   My name is Jason Atkin. EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks for the Link. Neil will love this. Thats some collection.
Back to top Go down
Neil Aspinshaw

Neil Aspinshaw

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jason Atkin.   My name is Jason Atkin. EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:48 pm

I know jason, some of my rifles are on his website on readers rifles, my www.martinihenry.co.uk site is being radically altered over xmas. His site is superb.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martinihenry.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My name is Jason Atkin.   My name is Jason Atkin. Empty

Back to top Go down

My name is Jason Atkin.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM  :: WEBSITES RELATING TO THE ANGLO ZULU WAR 1879-
Jump to: