WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Film Zulu Dawn:Lt. Col. Pulleine: His Lordship is of the cetain opinion that it's far too difficult an approach to be chosen by the Zulu command.Col. Durnford: Yes, well... difficulty never deterred a Zulu commander.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  PublicationsPublications  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Prince Imperial Leave Request at Woolwich
Yesterday at 5:13 pm by Isandula

» Farnborough Hill
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:46 pm by 24th foot

» Rorke's Drift
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:25 pm by xhosa2000

» Missing five hours question
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:59 pm by SRB1965

» Rifles at Rorkes Drift......not the usual Zulu/Martini question....
Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:07 am by SRB1965

» Captain Walter Stafford NNC medals
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:04 am by 90th

» Gerald French, liar or not?
Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:24 pm by Frank Allewell

» A bit more fun research!
Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:22 am by rusteze

» Trooper H. Boik (NMP) and Dartnell patrol Isandlwana, 22 January 1879
Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:55 am by whizz-bang

» Norris-Newman
Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:52 pm by Kenny

» Some fun research
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:47 am by Frank Allewell

» Isipezi Hill
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:19 pm by ALLENG

» Zulu shield question
Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:03 am by SRB1965

» Buyer beware!..
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:47 pm by xhosa2000

» Colonel Farquhar Glennie
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:48 pm by SRB1965

Captain Ronald G.E. Campbell, Coldstream Guards. killed at Hlobane
[Mac & Shad] Captain Ronald G.E. Campbell, Coldstream Guards --killed at Hlobane (Mac and Shad) (Isandula Collection)
Rob Caskie at a Showcase Event 2014
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
90th
 
littlehand
 
Frank Allewell
 
ADMIN
 
Chelmsfordthescapegoat
 
John
 
Mr M. Cooper
 
1879graves
 
impi
 
rusteze
 
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.
Top posting users this month
90th
 
xhosa2000
 
Frank Allewell
 
rusteze
 
John Young
 
SRB1965
 
Tee
 
24th foot
 
ALLENG
 
Kenny
 
Most active topics
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Durnford was he capable.5
Durnford was he capable.1
Durnford was he capable. 3
Durnford was he capable.2
Durnford was he capable. 4
The ammunition question
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.

Share | 
 

 Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Should David Jenkins be added to the Rorkes Drift roll of defenders
Yes
49%
 49% [ 23 ]
No
4%
 4% [ 2 ]
More research should have been done
45%
 45% [ 21 ]
It was all a publicly stunt
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Doesn't really matter
2%
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47
 

AuthorMessage
1879graves

avatar

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2009-03-03
Location : Devon

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Ordered my copy, hopefully it will arrive next week.
Back to top Go down
http://zuluwar1879.tribalpages.com
ymob

avatar

Posts : 1935
Join date : 2010-10-22
Location : france

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:00 pm

bill cainan wrote:
Hi

It will eventually go on the shop site, but we don't tend to put them on until they actually arrive in the Museum.

Bill
Hello Mister Cainan,

Please, can you write a message ont this forum when it will go on the shopsite?
Thanks

Frédéric
Back to top Go down
http://frbomy@hotmail.fr
bill cainan



Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:20 pm

All

I will put it on the shop site, but not yet, as I'm on holiday for the next two weeks !

I've given the contact details above for those who don't want to wait the fortnight !

Bill
Back to top Go down
Chard1879

avatar

Posts : 1263
Join date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:49 am

Bill your always on Holiday. Where are you this time.
Back to top Go down
bill cainan



Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:10 am

I wish I could say Zululand, but actually, it's the Orkneys !!!

Bill
Back to top Go down
Chelmsfordthescapegoat

avatar

Posts : 2554
Join date : 2009-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:40 am

There's nothing wrong with the Orkneys. Peaceful!!!!!! I hope your camping bill, groundsheet and canvas. agree 

Not guest house, hotel ect. No 
Back to top Go down
bill cainan



Posts : 219
Join date : 2011-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:21 am

Nothing wrong with the Orkneys ? The German High Seas Fleet took one look at them and scuttled !!!!

Seriously though, a beautiful part of the country and, as you say, very peaceful.

Bill
Back to top Go down
kopie



Posts : 249
Join date : 2013-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:37 pm

Nothing wrong with a hotel/guest house at your time of life lads!
Back to top Go down
1879graves

avatar

Posts : 2443
Join date : 2009-03-03
Location : Devon

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 pm

Just received my copy today You need to study mo 
Back to top Go down
http://zuluwar1879.tribalpages.com
Saul David 1879



Posts : 529
Join date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:21 pm

1879Graves. Looking forward to your review.
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

avatar

Posts : 6422
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 70
Location : Cape Town South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Well done Julian.
Having just finished the Studies in the Zulu War chapter 2.
I would comment:

It encapsulates all the existing evidence and puts it into context. That with the new found sources puts the issue to rest. I would hope, knowing the gentleman he, is that David Payne would be gracious enough to concede that he and his associate were a tad of the mark in their responses.

Regards
Back to top Go down
kopie



Posts : 249
Join date : 2013-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:05 pm

That settles it.
I would like to order Whybra's publication that shows Jenkins wha at the drift.
Please could someone post a link?
Springbok?
kopie:Salute: 
Back to top Go down
John Young

avatar

Posts : 1283
Join date : 2013-09-08
Age : 61
Location : Lower Sheering, Essex

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:21 pm

kopie,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JY
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi, iv'e just had a very interesting couple of hours
going over this thread from beginning to end.wow!
a psychiatrist would have a field day analyzing us.
fascinating stuff, my copy as they say is in the
post. cheers xhosa
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 pm

oh, by the way i recall no mention of Norman Holme's
first work, copyrighted Heyward and Holme 1971 which
led to the excellent Silver Wreath, Norman did All
the heavy spade work and left us forever grateful. time
passes and other people are now enriching us with there
dedicated research. stay well Norman. xhosa
Back to top Go down
John Young

avatar

Posts : 1283
Join date : 2013-09-08
Age : 61
Location : Lower Sheering, Essex

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Les,

Don't forget the late Gordon Everson either, who in my opinion was the forgotten man of The Silver Wreath, you'll find his name in the preface.

JY
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:16 pm

yeah JY i remember, i expect you knew him well.
as i sit here its freezing and rainy out.the missus
is watching cilla black for no apparent reason
to me.No  so im thumbing through Hayward,
silver wreath, noble 24th, tavender, and of course
Julians, i see Jenkins everywhere. cheers Les
Back to top Go down
John

avatar

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 55
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:38 pm

 springbok9 wrote:
Well done Julian.
Having just finished the Studies in the Zulu War chapter 2.
I would comment:

It encapsulates all the existing evidence and puts it into context. That with the new found sources puts the issue to rest. I would hope, knowing the gentleman he, is that David Payne would be gracious enough to concede that he and his associate were a tad of the mark in their responses.

Regards
One opinion only! Doesn't prove anything. You say David Payne should concede. Why. You haven't posted anything that shows David Jenkins was at RD. it's just you agreeing with JW's publication.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoy 16



Posts : 111
Join date : 2013-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:41 pm

I need a copy of this !!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:56 pm

hiya john, i take it you have read vol 2,
mine should be here tomorrow and i am
going to reserve any opinion till its read
and inwardly digested.must say in any
event i expect to concur with Julian and
springbok.

Its a matter for you what you decide in
the final throes of this debate your own
stand. which i absolutely agree is your
call, i respect.

Drummerboy 16. i was going to tell you to
wake up! looking at the clock..get to bed!
Very Happy Wink . cheers xhosa
Back to top Go down
impi

avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:15 pm

John only to be expected. Very Happy  Don't be fooled into buying it!  If they are happy with JW publication so be it, end of. 
The difference of opinion commenced on the forum, any evidence to show DJ was present at RD should be posted here. As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed.
Back to top Go down
impi

avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:17 pm

DrummerBoy 16 wrote:
I need a copy of this !!
Yes you do! No
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:33 pm

impi, serious question..your at work, and you know nothing of these
events,and somebody highlights the pro's and con's,of the debate
and declares it deadlocked. and then invites you to consider two
statements. would you prefer.a, this man should not be recognized,
and then find out it was correct,denying him his rightful place, with
honour to be included in the roll. or.b, on the flimsiest evidence accord
him his laurels, then discover it was incorrect.what then. i feel the
evidence is way beyond circumstantial. any entrench dogmatic position
runs the risk of creating a vicious circle and could well be open to ridi-
cule. just my late night thoughts. cheers xhosa
Back to top Go down
90th

avatar

Posts : 9276
Join date : 2009-04-07
Age : 61
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Pte David Jenkins    Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:14 am

John and Impi no real surprise here , obviously you two like burying your heads in the sand ! . Why dont you spend the 12 quid and buy the book , and then possibly , just possibly , you can have an informed opinion instead of a head in sand mentality . After all Impi it was you screaming for evidence at the outset wasnt it ? , well , what are you waiting for ? .
Buy it , read it , act on it ! . Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Online
impi

avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:40 am

90th you are a stupid boy. Joker No 

If JW has Proof, that David Jenking was there, post it. Don't expect people to pay for the privillage.
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

avatar

Posts : 6422
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 70
Location : Cape Town South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:52 am

John/impi
Now that was a predictable reaction.

The evidence is there, not opinion, pure hard fact and source.

Don't expect that it will be published on the forum, JW is the only one with the rights to do that, and frankly why should he, the point has been proven, the fact that you cant/wont afford the money to educate yourself is really your problem.

Salute 
Back to top Go down
90th

avatar

Posts : 9276
Join date : 2009-04-07
Age : 61
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: David Jenkins ' Forgotten survivor of RD '   Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:55 am

scratch . From memory you were one of the doubters yelling loudest for proof , well its available , dont expect others to pay , read and post the evidence YOU WISH TO SEE ! . We could post the evidence but more than likely you wouldnt believe it anyway No , it's the whole head in the sand thing ! , there's an old saying which I think you may understand .... People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones !!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Stupid Boy Joker  No 
Back to top Go down
Online
Frank Allewell

avatar

Posts : 6422
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 70
Location : Cape Town South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:02 am

90th wrote:
scratch .  No ,  it's the whole head in the sand thing ! , there's an old saying which I think you may understand ....  People in glass houses shouldnt throw stones !!!!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 
Stupid Boy Joker  No 
Once apon a time an African Chief was given an ornate throne, being concerned that it could get stolen he stowed it away in his grass hut but during the night it fell down and crushed him. Ergo the saying above: "People that live in Grass houses should not stow thrones."
Sorry, moment of madness.
Damn its a beautiful day in Cape Town.

Salute 
Back to top Go down
impi

avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:06 am

90th That special education you had, seems to have failed. No  

Anyway that's it from me on this topic, nothing as changed. Salute
Back to top Go down
John

avatar

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 55
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:17 am

90th No
Back to top Go down
90th

avatar

Posts : 9276
Join date : 2009-04-07
Age : 61
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: David Jenkins    Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:22 am

Joker Special education far outweighs NO education which to me is plain to see ! Rolling Eyes Nothing has changed as you put it , is because YOU DONT want it to change , if you did , you'd fork out the 12 quid and read the evidence for yourself . Then you can give an educated opinion . I agree , enough of this pointless exercise . I think I hear the school bell No No 
90th
Back to top Go down
Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:26 am

hi all, " should not stow thrones".
Very Happy , double damn its cold and
rain all the way this side. xhosa 
Back to top Go down
90th

avatar

Posts : 9276
Join date : 2009-04-07
Age : 61
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: David Jenkins    Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:29 am

John are you going to part with the 12 quid ? , maybe you buy it , read it , and then send it to Impi ?. I'm sure there will be two less in the sandpit if you proceed with this plan of action . No , well lets hope so You need to study mo 
90th No  No 
Back to top Go down
Online
Frank Allewell

avatar

Posts : 6422
Join date : 2009-09-21
Age : 70
Location : Cape Town South Africa

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 am

Another really interest article in the same issue is The Cochrane Accounts. Am I wrong or is this a reprint/update from a Doctoral Thesis by JW?
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

avatar

Posts : 2505
Join date : 2011-09-29
Location : Lancashire, England.

PostSubject: Pte David Jenkins   Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:49 am

Hi 90th.

Anyone with a grain of sense can see that David Jenkins was at RD, and therefor deserves to be on the roll of honour, but it's pointless trying to explain that to stubborn people who will not change their attitude no matter how much evidence is provided to show that they are wrong. And it's nearly always the same people that continue to blame Col Durnford for iSandlwana, they cannot see the wood for the trees (or refuse to), because they don't like to admit that they are wrong. They seem to have the attitude that it's their opinion that is right and the rest are all wrong, they are the typical sort of people that will watch an almost fictional film and believe it to be real, truthful and factual, then when someone tells them that it was mostly fiction, they will argue that it wasn't, because they saw it for themselves at the flicks or on the telly. Shocked 

Talk about trying to hammer rubber nails into steel plating. scratch 
Back to top Go down
Julian Whybra



Posts : 1804
Join date : 2011-09-12

PostSubject: Jenkins   Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Impi
For your information the new evidence re Jenkins was:
a 3rd letter from him after RD stating that he had been at RD, had not been at Isan, saying how he'd come to be there, etc.
a contemporary roll for RD (i.e. finding the evidence for the 1879 roll on which the 1929 Chard roll was based) which names two Jenkinses, one live, one kia
an exposition and proof that Chard's report was arranged chronologically thus proving that the two Jenkinses could not be one and the same man
a letter proving that Butler's models for her painting were ALL RD participants
a letter from Butler to Jenkins thanking him for sitting for her
numerous reports publicly demonstrating his acceptance as a participant in front of other RD participants
with all originals reproduced and transcripts published.
That's what's in the article. If you want to SEE it for yourself, you'll have to buy it.
I am not willing to publish any of it on the forum. That is not the way these things are done. The appropriate accepted method is to publish and then accept critiques from academic peers. I shall take exception to anyone who does publish anything from it without my permission.
Julian
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:06 pm

well said,C'mon impi bend just a little.xhosa:idea: 
Back to top Go down
kopie



Posts : 249
Join date : 2013-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:37 pm

John Young wrote:
kopie,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

JY
Thank you for this JY.
I can see now that Bill Cainan has already posted this link so apologies for not seeing it.
I am ordering my copy NOW!!!!!!
Have to admit, I have been in the camp who thinks Jenkins, David, was there, but am still not 100% convinced that he was. I am ordering the book now - no luck last weekend in town!
I am really looking forward to seeing the concrete evidence that he was present.
Previously, there was a (very strong) case based on circumstantial evidence; it will be nice to see some solid primary source evidence.
Back to top Go down
kopie



Posts : 249
Join date : 2013-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Clarification please!

Should I be buying "Studies in the Zulu War 1879: Volume 2" if I want to read this latest Jenkins evidence?

Cheers
Kopie
Back to top Go down
Julian Whybra



Posts : 1804
Join date : 2011-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Kopie
That is the volume in which it's just been published.
Back to top Go down
kopie



Posts : 249
Join date : 2013-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:49 pm

Thank you Sir.

(Wow! Straight from the horse's mouth!)

Have to say, this is a fantastic forum and resource for all those interested in this campaign, with the actual, eminent, authors of these kinds of works communicating directly with us enthusiasts/amateur historians!

Thanks again.

I hope I get one of the signed copies!
Back to top Go down
Julian Whybra



Posts : 1804
Join date : 2011-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Kopie
I can assure you that I am not eminent but I am actual.  Coupland was eminent.  Laband is eminent (and actual).  Jackson is eminent (and actual). I hope you find the book interesting.
Back to top Go down
John

avatar

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 55
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:25 pm

Ian Knight being the most!
Back to top Go down
Julian Whybra



Posts : 1804
Join date : 2011-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:33 pm

John
Ian is also eminent. 'Most' is a difficult word to ascribe in this context. Dickens, Austen, Hardy, et al. were all eminent. It would be injudicious, and a little tactless, to say X was 'most' eminent. Certainly you would have had to have read them all before expressing such an opinion.
Back to top Go down
impi

avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:57 pm

Unecessary comment deleted.
Back to top Go down
impi

avatar

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2010-07-02
Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 pm

Mr M. Cooper wrote:
Hi 90th.

Anyone with a grain of sense can see that David Jenkins was at RD, and therefor deserves to be on the roll of honour, but it's pointless trying to explain that to stubborn people who will not change their attitude no matter how much evidence is provided to show that they are wrong. And it's nearly always the same people that continue to blame Col Durnford for iSandlwana, they cannot see the wood for the trees (or refuse to), because they don't like to admit that they are wrong. They seem to have the attitude that it's their opinion that is right and the rest are all wrong, they are the typical sort of people that will watch an almost fictional film and believe it to be real, truthful and factual, then when someone tells them that it was mostly fiction, they will argue that it wasn't, because they saw it for themselves at the flicks or on the telly. Shocked 

Talk about trying to hammer rubber nails into steel plating. scratch 
Martin going by ths post, you have a copy of JW publication. Perhaps we could hear your observations
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoy 16



Posts : 111
Join date : 2013-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:06 pm

Ordering mine !
Back to top Go down
ymob

avatar

Posts : 1935
Join date : 2010-10-22
Location : france

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:56 pm

impi wrote:
Unecessary comment deleted.

Many thanks Admin.
Frédéric
Back to top Go down
http://frbomy@hotmail.fr
Mr M. Cooper

avatar

Posts : 2505
Join date : 2011-09-29
Location : Lancashire, England.

PostSubject: Pte David Jenkins   Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:33 pm

impi.

There is little point in me giving you my observations, because even after all the evidence that has been offered so far, even by Julian himself explaining things to you, you still deny that Pte David Jenkins was a defender at RD.

It would seem that the only way that you (and a few others), will ever be convinced that DJ was at RD, and that Col Durnford was NOT to blame for iSandlwana, is for you to travel back in time via Dr Who's tardis and see for yourselves.

I would suggest that you buy Julian's book and read it for yourself, so that you can make your own 'observations', however, no doubt you will still deny that DJ was at RD.
Back to top Go down
John

avatar

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 55
Location : UK

PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:42 am

Martin, doesn't have the book!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records   

Back to top Go down
 
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM  :: GENERAL DISCUSSION AREA-
Jump to: