WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Film Zulu Dawn:Lt. Col. Pulleine: His Lordship is of the cetain opinion that it's far too difficult an approach to be chosen by the Zulu command.Col. Durnford: Yes, well... difficulty never deterred a Zulu commander.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  PublicationsPublications  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Lieutenant-Colonel Gerald Lionel Joseph Goff.
Today at 1:11 pm by xhosa2000

» R.I.P Terry Sole
Yesterday at 12:05 pm by nitro450

» Major Gonville Bromhead VC
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 am by SRB1965

» Lt. G. Pardoe 1st Btn 13th (Somerset) Light Infantry
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 am by ADMIN

» Natal Hussars
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 pm by Rory Reynolds

» Location of grave : Lt. F. Scott Natal Carbineers
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 pm by Tim Needham

» Lieutenant Henry Lysons
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:47 pm by ADMIN

» Lt. H.Valentine Jay. Natal Native Contingent
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:44 pm by ADMIN

» Lieut & Adjutant Henry Julian Dyer
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:41 pm by ADMIN

» Lt Gonville Bromhead
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:19 pm by ADMIN

» MAJOR FRANK BROADWOOD MATTHEWS
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 pm by ADMIN

» Lodge Isandlwana Masonic Military Lodge
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 pm by Muhlenbeck

» Lt. G. Baker 3rd Btn 60th Regiment
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:03 pm by ADMIN

» Lt. F. Scott Natal Carbineers, killed in action at Isandlwana
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:57 pm by ADMIN

» 2nd Lieutenant Arthur Tyndall BRIGHT - 90th (Perthshire Light Infantry)
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:50 pm by ADMIN

Lt. General Sir J.G. Wolseley, General Officer Commanding
Mac and Shad (Isandula Collection)
The Battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
90th

littlehand

Frank Allewell

ADMIN

Chelmsfordthescapegoat

John

Mr M. Cooper

1879graves

impi

rusteze

Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.
Top posting users this month
90th

xhosa2000

SRB1965

Frank Allewell

ADMIN

Victorian Dad

Brett Hendey

aussie inkosi

nitro450

rusteze

Most active topics
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Durnford was he capable.5
Durnford was he capable.1
Durnford was he capable. 3
Durnford was he capable.2
Durnford was he capable. 4
The ammunition question
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.

Share | 

A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SergioD

PostSubject: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:45 am

https://www.dixonsmedals.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?products_name=1877

There are a number of SAGS for sale at Dixons - good range across most Imperial Regiments - including 13th, 58th , 90th and a number of KDG. All reasonably priced. Good Xmas presents for the wives Very Happy 

Picked up an interesting Medal to a trooper frrom Bettintons Horse. Who knows he could be one of the six with the Prince Imnperial when he was killed. Gives me something t research over xmas.

Regards

Sergio
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Sergio
Maybe this may help
Members of 3 troop Bettingtons Horse
Sgt R Willis
Cprl J Grubb
Trp R Cochrane
Trp Le Tocq
Trp W Abel
Trp G Roberts.

Interesting thing is that there is a possibility that some of these were with the 3rd Reg NNC before it was disbanded after iSandlwana.

Cheers

( Now you have more time to eat drink and be merry )Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SergioD

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks Frank unfortunately not my guy Trooper Bowden - now I can spend the time reading my Xmas presents - the two Sonia Clarke books which my wife has rather remarkably bought me. Aparently she checked my book collection first (worrying in itself - will have to watch additions early next year) and then bought the half leather bound limited editions . Salute 

Clearly she is looking for Diamonds this year - I wonder if a Diamonds Field Horse SAGS would do the job.
Sergio
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Sergio
Could be interesting to check your man Bowden back against the 3rd NNC, he may just pitch up there.
Enjoy the Clarkes they really are an exceptional read, gives a great insight into Clery in particular.
I offered to take my wife to Natal for a week over xmas, all I got was "are you bloody mad?" Could be she saw the itinerary !

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:45 am

Im pretty sure that John Young has the list of white NCOs drawn up by Harford.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
SergioD

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:53 am

springbok9 wrote:
Hi Sergio
I offered to take my wife to Natal for a week over xmas, all I got was "are you bloody mad?" Could be she saw the itinerary !

Cheers

Haha I took my wife and 3 sons to Fugitives drift - although I had to bribe them with a safari in Kruger and some golf. They were totally blown away by the trips to the Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift (as well as a trip to Spion Kop). They still talk about how friendly and welcoming everyone was including how helpful a village was in sorting out some damage on the car (following an encounter with a particularly nasty pot hole) whilst the boys played an impromptu football match with about 25 children!!

Regards
S
Back to top Go down
90th

PostSubject: A number of SAGS for sale at C. Dixons    Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi Sergio.
Certainly a nice wide spread of Medals from a few different regiments . I dont think you'll be disappointed in the Clarke books , I have both , but have only read ' Zululand At War ' , excellent reading the letters form those who were there .
Diamond Fields Horse may do the job , Diamonds are diamonds arent they !  Very Happy   Very Happy . Are there any details on Bowden in the Terry Sole book ? .

Hi Springy .
I think you'll find it's Trpr Rogers , not Roberts . Abel and Rogers being the two who were killed with the Prince Imperial .
So it didnt quite happen with the missus off to Natal ? . I'm not surprised once she saw the itinerary LOL X Many .

Cheers 90th  Salute 
Back to top Go down
SergioD

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi 90th no doubt you are enjoying the cricket!!. Not anything specific in Sole - confirms the medal and lots of background on the death of the PI.
Coincidently I was half way through Ian knight's excellent With his Face to the Foe - when I saw this medal on Sunday - highly coincidental!!

regards

Sergio
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:02 pm

90th
Rogers it is.
Yeah sorry she doesn't want to go..............going to miss her  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
90th

PostSubject: A number of SAGS for sale at C.Dixons    Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:29 am

Hi Springy .
Lol. Harden up man , it's only for week .......................or two ! LOL.  Salute 

Sergio
Indeed I am my friend , indeed I am , cant wait for Perth , I can hear the fat lady starting to gurgle ! .
90th
Back to top Go down
xhosa2000

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm sure our sag collector's will have seen this, a 14 page catalogue from 1972.
the prices seem quite reasonable. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SergioD

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Certainly would have given a very good investment return.

Just as a comparison

https://www.dnw.co.uk/auctions/catalogue/lot.php?auction_id=460&lot_id=11112

has a very large estimate. .

S
Back to top Go down
90th

PostSubject: A number of SAGS for sale at C .Dixons    Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Les
Oh for a time machine !! . Yes Sergio a very large estimate , which may well be met ( not by me ! )
90th Joker
Back to top Go down
xhosa2000

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Hey Gary, yeah mate a time machine, back to the 1950's with a
handful of the old white fiver's. the pamphlet was tucked inside
my Forsyth along with a letter from the author. cheers, xhosa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   

Back to top Go down

A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM  :: 1879 ZULU WAR CAMPAIGN MEDAL-