WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Film Zulu Dawn:General Lord Chelmsford: For a savage, as for a child, chastisement is sometimes a kindness. Sir Henry Bartle Frere: Let us hope, General, that this will be the final solution to the Zulu problem.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 100,000 posts!
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am by ADMIN

» Your favourite line from Zulu or Zulu Dawn
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm by jgregory

» Zulu Dawn/Zulu - New Immortals Film The Way Forward ?
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:34 pm by jgregory

» Badge on 2/60th and 3/60th foreign service helmets
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 am by John Young

» Corporal James Frowen Williams F Company.
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:08 am by Julian Whybra

» British rations and morale
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 pm by Julian Whybra

» Blue Plaque to James Egan, alias Private Hagan
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 9:16 pm by ADMIN

» A few questions regarding Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:16 pm by Julian Whybra

» William J Hoare 24th Regiment??
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 7:08 pm by Dash

» Swinburn Carbine issue in AZW
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:53 pm by Rob D

» Australians who went to Zululand and fought in the 1879 war.
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 8:39 am by John Young

» Philip Price
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:55 am by Julian Whybra

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:47 am by RoryReynolds

» August Hammar Letter Dated 6th Jan 1879
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 22, 2024 8:34 pm by Stefaan

» Bearing The Cross by Ken Blakeson | BBC RADIO DRAMA: Ken Blakeson's play tells the story of the Battle of Rorke's Drift and the effect it had on three of the soldiers who fought in it.
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am by Julian Whybra

» Letter of officer during Zulu wars.
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:47 am by Julian Whybra

» About the second invasion
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 9:14 pm by 90th

» Zulu Festival Brecon July 2024
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 7:35 pm by John Young

» Watford band boys killed at iSandlwana
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 8:26 am by Julian Whybra

» Private J. McCrudden 1/13 Foot
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 3:10 am by 90th

» Death of Michael Jayson (Zulu Dawn)
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 9:55 pm by ADMIN

» The anniversary of 22nd January in 2024
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 3:51 pm by luke1997

» What was the distance?
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 8:46 am by Stefaan

» Mrs Henry Hook
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 3:14 pm by Kenny

» "With 6 good riflemen"
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 2:30 pm by Mr M. Cooper

» What was G company supposed to do?
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 9:31 pm by Julian Whybra

» Private 1445 Charles Meates 17th Lancers and his brother William Wylie
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 10:07 pm by John Young

» South Africa Medal With Clasp To Pvt J. Salter 3/60th
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 3:12 pm by Foody

» Weatherleys Border Horse Flag
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 9:40 pm by Herbie

» Edward Plantagenet Kemeys-Tynte
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 10:06 pm by Edjg

» How many started?
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 10:10 am by Julian Whybra

» Firing Line formation
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 2:32 pm by Julian Whybra

» Why did Maj. Spalding have to go ?
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 9:40 pm by Stefaan

» Grape-shot at close range.
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 7:42 am by SRB1965

» Books Hlobane & Kambula
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 10:08 am by John Young

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
Durnford was he capable.1
Durnford was he capable. 4
Durnford was he capable.5
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Isandlwana, Last Stands
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable. 3
Durnford was he capable.2
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.
Most Viewed Topics
Please Do Not Post Ads on Our Forum
Google Chrome new standards imposed
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Recent Members To The ZULU WAR 1879 Discussion & Reference Forum ( A Small Victorian War in 1879)
The missing five hours.
ISANDLWANA SURVIVIORS
The ammunition question
Lieutenant Adendorff 1-3 N.N.C.
Top posting users this month
Julian Whybra
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons Bar_leftA number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons BarA number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons Bar_right 
Dash
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons Bar_leftA number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons BarA number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons Bar_right 
Hobbes
Bill8183
SRB1965
ADMIN
jgregory
Tig Van Milcroft
Rob Herrick
90th
New topics
» 100,000 posts!
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am by ADMIN

» Badge on 2/60th and 3/60th foreign service helmets
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 8:27 pm by Rob Herrick

» British rations and morale
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:24 pm by Hobbes

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:47 am by RoryReynolds

» Australians who went to Zululand and fought in the 1879 war.
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 2:23 am by peterfarrell

» About the second invasion
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 9:53 pm by Hobbes

» Zulu Festival Brecon July 2024
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 7:35 pm by John Young

» Letter of officer during Zulu wars.
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 4:46 pm by Will M

» Bearing The Cross by Ken Blakeson | BBC RADIO DRAMA: Ken Blakeson's play tells the story of the Battle of Rorke's Drift and the effect it had on three of the soldiers who fought in it.
A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:24 am by ADMIN

Similar topics
Zero tolerance to harassment and bullying.
Due to recent events on this forum, we have now imposed a zero tolerance to harassment and bullying. All reports will be treated seriously, and will lead to a permanent ban of both membership and IP address. Any member blatantly corresponding in a deliberate and provoking manner will be removed from the forum as quickly as possible after the event.  If any members are being harassed behind the scenes PM facility by any member/s here at 1879zuluwar.com please do not hesitate to forward the offending text.  We are all here to communicate and enjoy the various discussions and information on the Anglo Zulu War of 1879. Opinions will vary, you will agree and disagree with one another, we will have debates, and so it goes. There is no excuse for harassment or bullying of anyone by another person on this site. The above applies to the main frame areas of the forum. The ring which is the last section on the forum, is available to those members who wish to partake in slagging matches. That section cannot be viewed by guests and only viewed by members that wish to do so. 
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.

A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SergioD

SergioD

A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons Empty
PostSubject: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:45 am

https://www.dixonsmedals.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?products_name=1877

There are a number of SAGS for sale at Dixons - good range across most Imperial Regiments - including 13th, 58th , 90th and a number of KDG. All reasonably priced. Good Xmas presents for the wives Very Happy 

Picked up an interesting Medal to a trooper frrom Bettintons Horse. Who knows he could be one of the six with the Prince Imnperial when he was killed. Gives me something t research over xmas.

Regards

Sergio
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Sergio
Maybe this may help
Members of 3 troop Bettingtons Horse
Sgt R Willis
Cprl J Grubb
Trp R Cochrane
Trp Le Tocq
Trp W Abel
Trp G Roberts.

Interesting thing is that there is a possibility that some of these were with the 3rd Reg NNC before it was disbanded after iSandlwana.

Cheers

( Now you have more time to eat drink and be merry )Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks Frank unfortunately not my guy Trooper Bowden - now I can spend the time reading my Xmas presents - the two Sonia Clarke books which my wife has rather remarkably bought me. Aparently she checked my book collection first (worrying in itself - will have to watch additions early next year) and then bought the half leather bound limited editions . Salute 

Clearly she is looking for Diamonds this year - I wonder if a Diamonds Field Horse SAGS would do the job.
Sergio
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Sergio
Could be interesting to check your man Bowden back against the 3rd NNC, he may just pitch up there.
Enjoy the Clarkes they really are an exceptional read, gives a great insight into Clery in particular.
I offered to take my wife to Natal for a week over xmas, all I got was "are you bloody mad?" Could be she saw the itinerary !

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:45 am

Im pretty sure that John Young has the list of white NCOs drawn up by Harford.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:53 am

springbok9 wrote:
Hi Sergio
I offered to take my wife to Natal for a week over xmas, all I got was "are you bloody mad?" Could be she saw the itinerary !

Cheers

Haha I took my wife and 3 sons to Fugitives drift - although I had to bribe them with a safari in Kruger and some golf. They were totally blown away by the trips to the Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift (as well as a trip to Spion Kop). They still talk about how friendly and welcoming everyone was including how helpful a village was in sorting out some damage on the car (following an encounter with a particularly nasty pot hole) whilst the boys played an impromptu football match with about 25 children!!

Regards
S
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: A number of SAGS for sale at C. Dixons    A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi Sergio.
Certainly a nice wide spread of Medals from a few different regiments . I dont think you'll be disappointed in the Clarke books , I have both , but have only read ' Zululand At War ' , excellent reading the letters form those who were there .
Diamond Fields Horse may do the job , Diamonds are diamonds arent they !  Very Happy   Very Happy . Are there any details on Bowden in the Terry Sole book ? .

Hi Springy .
I think you'll find it's Trpr Rogers , not Roberts . Abel and Rogers being the two who were killed with the Prince Imperial .
So it didnt quite happen with the missus off to Natal ? . I'm not surprised once she saw the itinerary LOL X Many .

Cheers 90th  Salute 
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi 90th no doubt you are enjoying the cricket!!. Not anything specific in Sole - confirms the medal and lots of background on the death of the PI.
Coincidently I was half way through Ian knight's excellent With his Face to the Foe - when I saw this medal on Sunday - highly coincidental!!

regards

Sergio
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:02 pm

90th
Rogers it is.
Yeah sorry she doesn't want to go..............going to miss her  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: A number of SAGS for sale at C.Dixons    A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:29 am

Hi Springy .
Lol. Harden up man , it's only for week .......................or two ! LOL.  Salute 

Sergio
Indeed I am my friend , indeed I am , cant wait for Perth , I can hear the fat lady starting to gurgle ! .
90th
Back to top Go down
xhosa2000

xhosa2000

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm sure our sag collector's will have seen this, a 14 page catalogue from 1972.
the prices seem quite reasonable. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyFri Sep 08, 2017 1:40 pm

Certainly would have given a very good investment return.

Just as a comparison

https://www.dnw.co.uk/auctions/catalogue/lot.php?auction_id=460&lot_id=11112

has a very large estimate. .

S
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: A number of SAGS for sale at C .Dixons    A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi Les
Oh for a time machine !! . Yes Sergio a very large estimate , which may well be met ( not by me ! )
90th Joker
Back to top Go down
xhosa2000

xhosa2000

PostSubject: Re: A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons   A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Hey Gary, yeah mate a time machine, back to the 1950's with a
handful of the old white fiver's. the pamphlet was tucked inside
my Forsyth along with a letter from the author. cheers, xhosa
Back to top Go down

A number of SAGS for Sale at C Dixons
Page 1 of 1