ZULU WAR 1879 Discussion & Reference Forum ( A Small Victorian War in 1879)

Fix Bayonets, and died like British Soldiers do. The last order heard on the Battlefield on Isandlwana

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Statement by Captain Alan Gardner, 14th Hussars. Camp, Rorke's Drift, January 26, 1879.
Today at 1:13 am by impi

» The Bishop of Natal has forwarded to a friend in England the following interesting translation of the statements which fugitives from Isandula made to him
Today at 1:08 am by littlehand

» Did Coghill Meet Melville, Before Entering The River.
Today at 12:42 am by impi

» Tr. H. Lugg, Natal Md. Police. 17th Lancers Belt
Yesterday at 11:28 pm by impi

» New Members Welcome.
Yesterday at 6:24 pm by 24th

» Source for faulty revolver
Yesterday at 9:53 am by Julian Whybra

» John Williams VC Oil Painting
Yesterday at 1:04 am by impi

» Private Daniel Lehan, 24th
Yesterday at 12:49 am by 1879graves

» THE MARTINI-HENRY RIFLE. Special interest attached at the present moment to a blue book on the Martini-Henry rifle and ammunition
Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:15 pm by littlehand

» Sgt Evans survivor of Isandlwana
Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:16 pm by Julian Whybra

» Searching through the dust of time
Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:10 pm by Julian Whybra

» Civilians in the AZW
Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:06 am by springbok9

» Mr W. Shakespeare and the Zulu War (1879)
Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:39 pm by impi

» Relic Finds Reveal Zulu War Cover-Up
Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm by Mr M. Cooper

» New Member: Introducing myself
Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:51 pm by Mr M. Cooper

Brev. Major (Major) A.L. Walker, 99th Regiment.
Brev. Major (Major) A.L. Walker, 99th--Officer Commanding at Stanger [Mac & Shad] (Isandula Collection)
Secrets Of The Dead - The Mystery Of Zulu Dawn
Our Favourite Web Links
Light A Candle.The Legacy Rorkes Drift. By Kris Wheatly The Die Hard Company Re-enactment Group Victorian Wars Forum. Jamies Site. Kings Own. The Wardrobe. The National Army Museum. The Anglo Zulu War Museum. The Zulu War 1879. Help For The Hero's Zulu War Talks. Soldiers Of The Queen. Zulu War Historical Society. John Dunn Foundation The Martini-Henry Rifle. Ian Knight's Website. Zulu War Author & Historian. All About the Martini Henry. Neil Aspinshaws new website. The Regimental Museum of The Royal Welsh (Brecon) The British Empire By Stephen Luscombe. Soldiers of Rye Chris Viner
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
A tribute to the memory of the 1st Lt
Top posters
90th

littlehand

springbok9

Admin

tasker224

Chelmsfordthescapegoat

1879graves

Drummer Boy 14

impi

John

Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.
Zero tolerance to harassment and bullying.
Due to recent events on this forum, we have now imposed a zero tolerance to harassment and bullying. All reports will be treated seriously, and will lead to a permanent ban of both membership and IP address. Any member blatantly corresponding in a deliberate and provoking manner will be removed from the forum as quickly as possible after the event.  If any members are being harassed behind the scenes PM facility by any member/s here at 1879zuluwar.com please do not hesitate to forward the offending text.  We are all here to communicate and enjoy the various discussions and information on the Anglo Zulu War of 1879. Opinions will vary, you will agree and disagree with one another, we will have debates, and so it goes. There is no excuse for harassment or bullying of anyone by another person on this site. The above applies to the main frame areas of the forum. The ring which is the last section on the forum, is available to those members who wish to partake in slagging matches. That section cannot be viewed by guests and only viewed by members that wish to do so. 
Most active topics
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Durnford was he capable.
Durnford was he capable.
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable. 2
The missing five hours.
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Chelmsford, Pulline. & Durnford
Crealock's notebook.
Share | 

Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
littlehand

PostSubject: Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn   Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:16 pm

In Zulu Dawn. Who did Bob Hoskins portray? Was it Younghusband ?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn   Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Bob Hoskins played (Sergeant Major Williams) You moved! You moved! Go and tell the NCO at that black shambles that you love him more than you love me! NOW!

sas1 Wink thats for you..

sas1

PostSubject: Re: Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I heard 'em first.
I'll get you a medal for modesty, Private Williams, would you like that?
Pte. Williams: You never would, Colour Sergeant, a medal? :lol!:
Back to top Go down
garywilson1

PostSubject: Re: Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:43 am

i think i read somewhere that there was an alternative scene which was not used where Bob Hoskins kills (shoots?) pte Williiams so that he willl not be killed by the Zulu - anyone else heard this or even seen it ?
Back to top Go down
old historian2

PostSubject: Re: Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn   Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:12 am

I have not heard that. But I'm glad they didn’t use it. I think they way they died together was quite apt.
Back to top Go down
90th

PostSubject: zulu dawn   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:03 am

hi gary.
Congrats on regaining the ashes, i havent heard of SGT WILLIAMS shooting PVT WILLIAMS , but i do have the final
shooting script of zulu dawn , which is a little different to the movie. so here it is.

SGT WILLIAMS and PVT WILLIAMS back -to- back see the danger to the guns, both have their bayonets fixed.
CLR-SGT WILLIAMS " save the guns ..... SAVE THE GUNS "

The 2 williams"s and several redcoats rush to the stalled guns. ZULUS converge, whilst the men work desperately to
free the wheels.
PVT WILLIAMS , to his own surprise , shoots a zulu , CLR SGT WILLIAMS bayonets another . Two zulus simultaneously
asseagai the SGT , who falls mortally wounded, they run forward to get at the guns. PVT .WILLIAMS leans over the SGT,
tries to pick him up. PVT WILLIAMS says " come on sarn"t . I'll help you ". even in death the SGT recognises the danger.
The SGT says weakly " no .....no.......please dont. But the PVT wont be deterred. He gets the SGT to his feet. PVT WILLIAMS
then says " dont worry , sarn"t, i"ll take care of everything. Then a single assegai penetrates them both ....and they die together.

cheers 90th.
Back to top Go down
garywilson1

PostSubject: Re: Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:59 pm

a bit like Ricky Ponting " save the ashes - SAVE THE ASHES " but sorry you boys down under , cant change the ending .

i hope there isnt a plot afoot to shoot Ricky :lol!:
Back to top Go down
90th

PostSubject: bob hoskins   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:34 pm

hi gary.
Poor ricky is the first captain in 100 yrs to loose the ashes TWICE , last person to do that was poor Billy Murdoch.
I dont think we shot him :lol!: . But he may have been given the BULLET , so to speak . :lol!:
Sorry pete , just a tad off topic !!.
cheers 90th :)
Back to top Go down
24th

PostSubject: Re: Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 pm

Did you Know !!!!

Bob Hoskins got infected by a worm while filming Zulu Dawn.

John Hurt was cast in Zulu Dawn but had to be replaced after an incident with airport staff over his passport.
Back to top Go down

Bob Hoskins Zulu Dawn

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZULU WAR 1879 Discussion & Reference Forum ( A Small Victorian War in 1879) :: FOR DISCUSSIONS RELATED TO "ZULU", "ZULU DAWN",-