WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Film Zulu Quote:Lieutenant John Chard: The army doesn't like more than one disaster in a day. Lieutenant Gonville Bromhead: Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast..

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Best book on colonial soldiers during zulu war
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyToday at 3:39 am by 90th

» Royal Small Arms Repair Factory - Pimlico / Mill Bank , London
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed May 18, 2022 2:04 pm by MPS1

» Deafness linked to the effects of battle
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon May 16, 2022 1:56 pm by Younghusband

» Brevet Major Walter Parke Jones, R. E.
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun May 15, 2022 7:29 pm by ADMIN

» Zulu campfires
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:28 am by John Young

» Stations of Regiments mid 1870's (UK)
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun May 08, 2022 11:26 am by John Young

» Nevill Coghill's nephew
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Apr 29, 2022 10:09 am by Julian Whybra

» Uniform - Natal Circa 1895?
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 24, 2022 11:44 am by Rory Reynolds

» Isandlwana solving the enigma
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Apr 22, 2022 2:48 pm by Julian Whybra

» John Wyndon Lyon
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Apr 21, 2022 6:38 pm by Julian Whybra

» No. 1488 Color Sergeant A. Spalding
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 9:35 pm by John Young

» Pin pointing an ASC man's war
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 12:55 pm by Rory Reynolds

» Trooper David Doig, father-in-law Trooper Robert Adams
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Apr 11, 2022 3:42 pm by Julian Whybra

» Pte 922 George Edwards (Alias Orchard) and Pte 2744 Charles Moore
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 7:47 pm by 1879graves

» 4709 Gunner Ernest Jones N/5 R.A.
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed Apr 06, 2022 12:33 pm by Woolwich

» Frederick Montague 83728 RN HMS Boadicea 1879 (Missing 1914/15 Star and Victory Medal)
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Apr 05, 2022 11:48 pm by OC1

» Updated List of Royal Navy Medals Known to Exist
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 8:31 pm by Petty Officer Tom

» The Mystery of the Missing Mainwaring Material
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Apr 04, 2022 5:03 pm by WeekendWarrior

» Looking for the medal to 1423 Pte. W. Gregg/Greig
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Apr 01, 2022 6:54 pm by Kenny

» Help Please
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Mar 31, 2022 6:01 pm by John Young

» James Hamer testimony concerning time and distance
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed Mar 30, 2022 11:56 pm by aussie inkosi

» Barker and the Rocket Battery
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 12:15 pm by Frank Allewell

» Renamed medals?
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Mar 28, 2022 6:40 am by 90th

» S.SMITH Buffalo Border Guard
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Mar 26, 2022 7:47 am by Brett Hendey

» Seeking Primary Sources
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 8:46 am by aussie inkosi

» Dead Was Everything: Studies in the Anglo-Zulu War. Keith Smith
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Mar 24, 2022 7:21 am by aussie inkosi

» Pte H Brown 6th Lanc Fus
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Mar 20, 2022 11:11 pm by Sturgy

» ‘Isandula Mountain, Zululand’
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 11:43 am by Julian Whybra

» Private MJ Flood 57th Foot
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Mar 14, 2022 7:25 pm by Alfie

» Richie's new Zulu War model figure project - cast your vote now
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 11:06 pm by PhilJ

» Natal Witness 'mystery' death notice
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 9:29 am by Julian Whybra

» Sapper M Leahy RE
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am by Sturgy

» Corporal J Quail 1/13th Foot
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 11:11 am by Sturgy

» Sergeant Major Dan Scott
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 10:15 am by aussie inkosi

» 4 'Allens' in the casualty roll listed as having died at Isandlwana.
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 11:04 am by Julian Whybra

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
The Battle of Isandlwana: From above
Top posters
90th
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar_left"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar_right 
Frank Allewell
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar_left"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar_right 
littlehand
ADMIN
1879graves
rusteze
Julian Whybra
Chelmsfordthescapegoat
John
Mr M. Cooper
Top posting users this month
John Young
ciroferrara
Frank Allewell
90th
Herbie
Bill8183
Younghusband
MPS1
Isandula
Kenny
Most active topics
Durnford was he capable.1
Durnford was he capable. 4
Durnford was he capable.5
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Isandlwana, Last Stands
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable. 3
Durnford was he capable.2
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.
Most Viewed Topics
The missing five hours.
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Adding to the Library
The ammunition question
ISANDLWANA SURVIVIORS
Recent Members To The ZULU WAR 1879 Discussion & Reference Forum ( A Small Victorian War in 1879)
Durnford was he capable.5
Lieutenant Adendorff 1-3 N.N.C.
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.
Keywords
Franklin zulu drift payne john George Isandlwana harford james smith henry Prince Mounted martini brown Woolfryes taylor Natal spalding Russell 24th william Police carbineers horse Durnford

"Who's the sergeant with the muscles"

Go down 
+2
John
Richie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richie

Richie

"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Empty
PostSubject: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi All,
My latest project in 120mm scale - Sgt Windridge from Zulu 1964.
cheers
Richie
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.1879miniatures.co.uk
John

John

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:08 pm

You can actually see the muscle in his arm. Detail is amazing. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi John,
Glad you like him, agreed the detail is excellent. Got a bit more base colours done on the lower half.
cheers
Richie
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tasker224

tasker224

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Great guns in the right arm Richie, but what about the left hand? :lol:
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:42 pm

great model Ritchie - will be glad to see the finished artcle.

Did you have a contact who makes minature weapons - I seem to remember it from a different thread.

As Tasker knows (being a medical man and all) there is only one way that you develop big muscles in your right arm and not your left :lol: I believ the next stage is blindness!!
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi tasker,
Left hand now fixed in place.

Hi Sergio,
Glad you like this one too, as for the scale model weapons, I use https://sites.google.com/site/reedeesminiatures/
Steve is a top guy with excellent customer service, he also sculps figures and busts

cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
tasker224

tasker224

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Great work as usual Richie, look 4wd to seeing the finished article. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi All,
A bit more done, I would like your comments on the mealie bag, i.e. authenticity.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Who's the Sergeant with the muscles    "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 1:35 am

Hi Richie .
I seem to recall from Paintings of the time that the mealie bags had 2 or 3 coloured stripes running along them . Will send you a pm .
Cheers 90th.
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi All,
After a long lay off, I have finally managed to complete this figure. A big thanks for dundeeboer for his help with the mealie bag. Hope you enjoy.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Great Job Ritchie.

Welcome back - what are you working on next?
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Who's the Sergeant with the muscles ?   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Richie .
Well done mate , excellent job , you should be very happy with the finished product . Salute
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:56 pm

SergioD wrote:
Great Job Ritchie.

Welcome back - what are you working on next?

Hi Sergio,
Thanks, I still have Buller and Fighting Bill to complete, my 2 mounted projects, but I have also recently purchased these figures and busts so I'm unsure what will be next. The one carrying the saddle will be converted from this Crimean figure into a colonial figure but unsure what to change him into yet. I am also going to buy another bust and I'm waiting for a sculptor to finish a 75mm 24th foot figure. So spoilt for choice.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:03 pm

wow _ I hope Santa was kind to Mrs Ritchie - you may well be spending a lot of time in your studio Merry Christmas

i like the officer model - I tried building and painting something similar a few years back - it looked like something Salvadore Dali would produce. Best to leave it to the experts!! scratch

Still think your Lancer is the best thing I have seen-!!

Cheers

SergioD
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi 90th,
Thank you, yes I'm pleased with him considering the lay off I have had. Still has not stopped me buying more figures and books.

I got Buller A Scapegoat? for a pound
Rope Of Sand for twenty six pence
Running the Gauntlet - George Mossop (anniversary present of the wife)
The Guthrie Saga
With The Irregulars in the Transvaal and Zululand
For Queen and Country The Zulu diary of Lt Heaton
Zulu Frontiersman
Natal Carbineers
Commandant of the Transvaal
Campaigning in South Africa
Lost Legionary in South Africa
Zulu Army and Zulu Headmen

and these are the ones I can remember Very Happy and not one complaint from her indoors. Naval and military press have a sale on so took advantage and bought six of the above the other day.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 pm

SergioD wrote:
wow _ I hope Santa was kind to Mrs Ritchie - you may well be spending a lot of time in your studio Merry Christmas

i like the officer model - I tried building and painting something similar a few years back - it looked like something Salvadore Dali would produce. Best to leave it to the experts!! scratch

Still think your Lancer is the best thing I have seen-!!

Cheers

SergioD

If it is the Pegaso model I have 2 of these, it is 75mm in scale and it might be one I do to put up for auction on here and send Bill the money for his Brecon museum.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Quote :
it is 75mm in scale and it might be one I do to put up for auction on here and send Bill the money for his Brecon museum.

Something to look forward too.
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Who's the Sgt with the muscles ?    "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 am

Hi Richie .
You are getting a decent cross section of books , and have done very well with your spending , that my friend
is what its about ! . Spot the bargain then pounce !! . Salute Salute . I have 8 from your list , have you read the Mossop
book yet ? . Tomassons is also a good read . Any chance you may consider making a model featuring the RA fleeing the battlefield and ebay it ??? . You know I love that painting by Jason Askew , I actually ordered it back in Aug but didnt see it until
I notified him of that in Dec , he gracioulsy sent me another along with two others I was blown away when I opened the tube ,
I certainly wasnt expecting the other two , one of RD and another of Isandwana , he is a magnificent artist . All the best mate ,
hope all is has been well with you , excellent work that man ........again !
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi 90th,
I have not read any of my new titles yet, just keep building up the pile, I will get to them eventually. As for the guns at Isandlwana when I costed it, it was quite expensive so pushed it right back. I did buy a canon, limber and a 4 horse team with riders to convert but sold it as it was not right for what I needed.
Still not off the ideas sheet though.
Forgot to mention my Dad as part of my Christmas box bought me a book titled - If You're Reading This,Last letters from the front line. It has a section on the Zulu war, so might be worth picking one up if you get it cheap enough.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Who's The Sergent with The Muscles ?    "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi Richie .
Thanks for the heads up . Good luck with your next endevour / endevours cant wait to hear what they will be and then to see the finished product .
Cheers 90th Salute
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am

90th wrote:
Hi Richie .
You are getting a decent cross section of books , and have done very well with your spending , that my friend
is what its about ! . Spot the bargain then pounce !! . Salute Salute . I have 8 from your list , have you read the Mossop
book yet ? . Tomassons is also a good read . Any chance you may consider making a model featuring the RA fleeing the battlefield and ebay it ??? . You know I love that painting by Jason Askew , I actually ordered it back in Aug but didnt see it until
I notified him of that in Dec , he gracioulsy sent me another along with two others I was blown away when I opened the tube ,
I certainly wasnt expecting the other two , one of RD and another of Isandwana , he is a magnificent artist . All the best mate ,
hope all is has been well with you , excellent work that man ........again !
Cheers 90th. Salute
Hi 90th

have you seen Cartwrights - Incident at isandlwana - it is a fantastic protrayal of the guns leaving the field of battle. I think it was used as the cover of Adrain Greaves Crossing the Buffalo. It was s eries of limited editions by Royal Doulton - they do turn uo now and again.

As for models - check this out http://wbritain.com/products_detail.cfm?productID=46053
I saw it at the launch it is spectacular the detail is amazing.

Cheers
Sergio
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:40 am

Dave wrote:
Quote :
it is 75mm in scale and it might be one I do to put up for auction on here and send Bill the money for his Brecon museum.

Something to look forward too.

I agree if it rasises a load - I will be happy to put my Dali version up and see if I can contribute a £1 or so to the museum Very Happy
Back to top Go down

"Who's the sergeant with the muscles"
Page 1 of 1