WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Film Zulu Dawn:General Lord Chelmsford: For a savage, as for a child, chastisement is sometimes a kindness. Sir Henry Bartle Frere: Let us hope, General, that this will be the final solution to the Zulu problem.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 1409 Pte David Lloyd, Defender of Rorke's Drift
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyYesterday at 8:48 pm by Julian Whybra

» The curious tale of Cetshwayo's "gunpowder depot" and an aggressive snake
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 9:36 am by Hobbes

» Anson A. Mayer/Maher
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 pm by cmeghen

» Late Father's Militaria Collection
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:16 pm by Julian Whybra

» A Hungarian soldier in the Zulu War (?)
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 11:28 am by Eddie

» Lieut. B. Pohl, No. 7 Coy 1/3 Natal Native Contingent
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 9:26 am by SRB1965

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson photographs.
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 am by John Young

» No. 985. PTE. EDWARD READ. 2-24 Regt. (South Wales Borders).
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 8:12 pm by Julian Whybra

» Private Willis 2/24th Regiment his letter from South Africa
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:49 pm by 1879graves

» Sickness among Crealock's men
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 4:52 pm by Hobbes

» Wheeler John Cantwell DCM, RD survivor of the Royal Horse Artillery
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 5:20 pm by Kenny

» Brevet Major W.R.B. Chamberlin
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 5:44 pm by Jager1

» Private 1941 Samuel MacClue / McClune 1/24th Regiment
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 3:11 pm by Dash

» Sergeant W E Warren RA - Veteran
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 10:50 am by DavidS

» "With 6 good riflemen"
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 5:10 pm by Hobbes

» Punch's view of Chelmsford's tactics!
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 5:17 pm by SRB1965

» Colonialism: A Moral Legacy
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:16 am by Julian Whybra

» John Robert Dunn
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 12:09 pm by 90th

» An early memorial to the Prince Imperial?
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 10:35 am by John Young

» The Poem "A Child Hero" referring to Rupert Weatherley
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 pm by Bongo

» Writing advice
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:26 pm by Julian Whybra

» Private John Scott 24th Regiment a fugitive at large
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 12:53 pm by Dash

» Your favourite line from Zulu or Zulu Dawn
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Julian Whybra

» 100,000 posts!
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 2:20 pm by Julian Whybra

» Zulu Dawn/Zulu - New Immortals Film The Way Forward ?
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:34 pm by jgregory

» Badge on 2/60th and 3/60th foreign service helmets
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 am by John Young

» Corporal James Frowen Williams F Company.
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:08 am by Julian Whybra

» British rations and morale
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 pm by Julian Whybra

» Blue Plaque to James Egan, alias Private Hagan
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 9:16 pm by ADMIN

» A few questions regarding Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:16 pm by Julian Whybra

» William J Hoare 24th Regiment??
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 7:08 pm by Dash

» Swinburn Carbine issue in AZW
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:53 pm by Rob D

» Australians who went to Zululand and fought in the 1879 war.
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 8:39 am by John Young

» Philip Price
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:55 am by Julian Whybra

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:47 am by RoryReynolds

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
Durnford was he capable.1
Durnford was he capable. 4
Durnford was he capable.5
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Isandlwana, Last Stands
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable. 3
Durnford was he capable.2
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.
Most Viewed Topics
Please Do Not Post Ads on Our Forum
Google Chrome new standards imposed
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Recent Members To The ZULU WAR 1879 Discussion & Reference Forum ( A Small Victorian War in 1879)
The missing five hours.
ISANDLWANA SURVIVIORS
The ammunition question
Lieutenant Adendorff 1-3 N.N.C.
Top posting users this month
Hobbes
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar_left"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar_right 
Julian Whybra
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar_left"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Bar_right 
John Young
SRB1965
Kenny
A Crockart
Petty Officer Tom
Jager1
Eddie
cmeghen
New topics
» The curious tale of Cetshwayo's "gunpowder depot" and an aggressive snake
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 3:26 pm by Hobbes

» Lieut. B. Pohl, No. 7 Coy 1/3 Natal Native Contingent
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 12:38 am by WeekendWarrior

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson photographs.
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 am by John Young

» Late Father's Militaria Collection
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm by A Crockart

» Anson A. Mayer/Maher
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm by cmeghen

» A Hungarian soldier in the Zulu War (?)
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 8:01 pm by Hobbes

» Sickness among Crealock's men
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 8:51 pm by Hobbes

» Wheeler John Cantwell DCM, RD survivor of the Royal Horse Artillery
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 9:36 pm by Hobbes

» John Robert Dunn
"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 11:47 am by SueSNB

Similar topics
Zero tolerance to harassment and bullying.
Due to recent events on this forum, we have now imposed a zero tolerance to harassment and bullying. All reports will be treated seriously, and will lead to a permanent ban of both membership and IP address. Any member blatantly corresponding in a deliberate and provoking manner will be removed from the forum as quickly as possible after the event.  If any members are being harassed behind the scenes PM facility by any member/s here at 1879zuluwar.com please do not hesitate to forward the offending text.  We are all here to communicate and enjoy the various discussions and information on the Anglo Zulu War of 1879. Opinions will vary, you will agree and disagree with one another, we will have debates, and so it goes. There is no excuse for harassment or bullying of anyone by another person on this site. The above applies to the main frame areas of the forum. The ring which is the last section on the forum, is available to those members who wish to partake in slagging matches. That section cannot be viewed by guests and only viewed by members that wish to do so. 
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.

"Who's the sergeant with the muscles"

Go down 
+2
John
Richie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Richie

Richie

"Who's the sergeant with the muscles" Empty
PostSubject: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi All,
My latest project in 120mm scale - Sgt Windridge from Zulu 1964.
cheers
Richie
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.1879miniatures.co.uk
John

John

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:08 pm

You can actually see the muscle in his arm. Detail is amazing. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi John,
Glad you like him, agreed the detail is excellent. Got a bit more base colours done on the lower half.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
tasker224

tasker224

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Great guns in the right arm Richie, but what about the left hand? :lol:
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 12:42 pm

great model Ritchie - will be glad to see the finished artcle.

Did you have a contact who makes minature weapons - I seem to remember it from a different thread.

As Tasker knows (being a medical man and all) there is only one way that you develop big muscles in your right arm and not your left :lol: I believ the next stage is blindness!!
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi tasker,
Left hand now fixed in place.

Hi Sergio,
Glad you like this one too, as for the scale model weapons, I use https://sites.google.com/site/reedeesminiatures/
Steve is a top guy with excellent customer service, he also sculps figures and busts

cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
tasker224

tasker224

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Great work as usual Richie, look 4wd to seeing the finished article. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Hi All,
A bit more done, I would like your comments on the mealie bag, i.e. authenticity.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Who's the Sergeant with the muscles    "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 1:35 am

Hi Richie .
I seem to recall from Paintings of the time that the mealie bags had 2 or 3 coloured stripes running along them . Will send you a pm .
Cheers 90th.
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi All,
After a long lay off, I have finally managed to complete this figure. A big thanks for dundeeboer for his help with the mealie bag. Hope you enjoy.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Great Job Ritchie.

Welcome back - what are you working on next?
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Who's the Sergeant with the muscles ?   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Richie .
Well done mate , excellent job , you should be very happy with the finished product . Salute
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:56 pm

SergioD wrote:
Great Job Ritchie.

Welcome back - what are you working on next?

Hi Sergio,
Thanks, I still have Buller and Fighting Bill to complete, my 2 mounted projects, but I have also recently purchased these figures and busts so I'm unsure what will be next. The one carrying the saddle will be converted from this Crimean figure into a colonial figure but unsure what to change him into yet. I am also going to buy another bust and I'm waiting for a sculptor to finish a 75mm 24th foot figure. So spoilt for choice.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:03 pm

wow _ I hope Santa was kind to Mrs Ritchie - you may well be spending a lot of time in your studio Merry Christmas

i like the officer model - I tried building and painting something similar a few years back - it looked like something Salvadore Dali would produce. Best to leave it to the experts!! scratch

Still think your Lancer is the best thing I have seen-!!

Cheers

SergioD
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi 90th,
Thank you, yes I'm pleased with him considering the lay off I have had. Still has not stopped me buying more figures and books.

I got Buller A Scapegoat? for a pound
Rope Of Sand for twenty six pence
Running the Gauntlet - George Mossop (anniversary present of the wife)
The Guthrie Saga
With The Irregulars in the Transvaal and Zululand
For Queen and Country The Zulu diary of Lt Heaton
Zulu Frontiersman
Natal Carbineers
Commandant of the Transvaal
Campaigning in South Africa
Lost Legionary in South Africa
Zulu Army and Zulu Headmen

and these are the ones I can remember Very Happy and not one complaint from her indoors. Naval and military press have a sale on so took advantage and bought six of the above the other day.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 pm

SergioD wrote:
wow _ I hope Santa was kind to Mrs Ritchie - you may well be spending a lot of time in your studio Merry Christmas

i like the officer model - I tried building and painting something similar a few years back - it looked like something Salvadore Dali would produce. Best to leave it to the experts!! scratch

Still think your Lancer is the best thing I have seen-!!

Cheers

SergioD

If it is the Pegaso model I have 2 of these, it is 75mm in scale and it might be one I do to put up for auction on here and send Bill the money for his Brecon museum.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 5:38 pm

Quote :
it is 75mm in scale and it might be one I do to put up for auction on here and send Bill the money for his Brecon museum.

Something to look forward too.
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Who's the Sgt with the muscles ?    "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 am

Hi Richie .
You are getting a decent cross section of books , and have done very well with your spending , that my friend
is what its about ! . Spot the bargain then pounce !! . Salute Salute . I have 8 from your list , have you read the Mossop
book yet ? . Tomassons is also a good read . Any chance you may consider making a model featuring the RA fleeing the battlefield and ebay it ??? . You know I love that painting by Jason Askew , I actually ordered it back in Aug but didnt see it until
I notified him of that in Dec , he gracioulsy sent me another along with two others I was blown away when I opened the tube ,
I certainly wasnt expecting the other two , one of RD and another of Isandwana , he is a magnificent artist . All the best mate ,
hope all is has been well with you , excellent work that man ........again !
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Hi 90th,
I have not read any of my new titles yet, just keep building up the pile, I will get to them eventually. As for the guns at Isandlwana when I costed it, it was quite expensive so pushed it right back. I did buy a canon, limber and a 4 horse team with riders to convert but sold it as it was not right for what I needed.
Still not off the ideas sheet though.
Forgot to mention my Dad as part of my Christmas box bought me a book titled - If You're Reading This,Last letters from the front line. It has a section on the Zulu war, so might be worth picking one up if you get it cheap enough.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Who's The Sergent with The Muscles ?    "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi Richie .
Thanks for the heads up . Good luck with your next endevour / endevours cant wait to hear what they will be and then to see the finished product .
Cheers 90th Salute
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am

90th wrote:
Hi Richie .
You are getting a decent cross section of books , and have done very well with your spending , that my friend
is what its about ! . Spot the bargain then pounce !! . Salute Salute . I have 8 from your list , have you read the Mossop
book yet ? . Tomassons is also a good read . Any chance you may consider making a model featuring the RA fleeing the battlefield and ebay it ??? . You know I love that painting by Jason Askew , I actually ordered it back in Aug but didnt see it until
I notified him of that in Dec , he gracioulsy sent me another along with two others I was blown away when I opened the tube ,
I certainly wasnt expecting the other two , one of RD and another of Isandwana , he is a magnificent artist . All the best mate ,
hope all is has been well with you , excellent work that man ........again !
Cheers 90th. Salute
Hi 90th

have you seen Cartwrights - Incident at isandlwana - it is a fantastic protrayal of the guns leaving the field of battle. I think it was used as the cover of Adrain Greaves Crossing the Buffalo. It was s eries of limited editions by Royal Doulton - they do turn uo now and again.

As for models - check this out http://wbritain.com/products_detail.cfm?productID=46053
I saw it at the launch it is spectacular the detail is amazing.

Cheers
Sergio
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: "Who's the sergeant with the muscles"   "Who's the sergeant with the muscles" EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 10:40 am

Dave wrote:
Quote :
it is 75mm in scale and it might be one I do to put up for auction on here and send Bill the money for his Brecon museum.

Something to look forward too.

I agree if it rasises a load - I will be happy to put my Dali version up and see if I can contribute a £1 or so to the museum Very Happy
Back to top Go down

"Who's the sergeant with the muscles"
Page 1 of 1