WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Zulu Dawn Film. Chard: The army doesn’t like more than one disaster in a day.Bromhead: Looks bad in the newspapers and upsets civilians at their breakfast.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  PublicationsPublications  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» The White Zulu
Some bargain prices here! EmptyToday at 8:12 am by ADMIN

» The coming week on TV and Radio
Some bargain prices here! EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 11:02 am by ADMIN

» Trooper John Eason NMP
Some bargain prices here! EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 6:20 pm by 1879graves

» Cdr Hon Patrick Maurice Hely-Hutchinson
Some bargain prices here! EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 12:19 pm by 90th

» Robert Gordon Wolrige-Gordon 2nd Lieutenant 94th
Some bargain prices here! EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 12:11 pm by 90th

» Brig. Gen. Sir Robert Gordon Gilmour's Revolver
Some bargain prices here! EmptyThu Jul 18, 2019 2:14 am by TonyM

» Martini Rifle?
Some bargain prices here! EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 12:52 pm by timothylrose

» The Boys of HMS Boadicea
Some bargain prices here! EmptyTue Jul 16, 2019 2:37 pm by Frank Allewell

» Trooper W. Tamer Bakers horse / Bakers light horse.
Some bargain prices here! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 7:10 am by imperial1

» A RORKES DRIFT HERO COMMITTED FOR TRIAL
Some bargain prices here! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 12:39 pm by 1879graves

» COLONY OF NATAL, EXEMPTED FROM NATIVE LAW MEDAL
Some bargain prices here! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 11:49 pm by ADMIN

» Sgt. T. Tope 88th Regiment (Connaught Rangers)
Some bargain prices here! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 11:42 pm by ADMIN

» 50/799 Pte. W. Walker. 57th Foot SOUTH AFRICA 1877-79, 1 clasp, 1879
Some bargain prices here! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 11:38 pm by ADMIN

» 1011. Pte. D. Griffith. 2-24th Foot
Some bargain prices here! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 11:31 pm by ADMIN

» The Regimental Museum of the Royal Welsh's collection of VCs
Some bargain prices here! EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 10:42 pm by ADMIN

Brev. Lt-Col. R.H. Buller, VC, Staff: 2/60th KRRC-Zungwini,Hlobane, Khambula, Ulundi
Some bargain prices here! BullerBrev.[Mac and Shad] (Isandula Collection)
Anglo-Zulu war: Walking the battlefield of Kambula
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
90th
Some bargain prices here! Bar_leftSome bargain prices here! BarSome bargain prices here! Bar_right 
Frank Allewell
Some bargain prices here! Bar_leftSome bargain prices here! BarSome bargain prices here! Bar_right 
littlehand
ADMIN
1879graves
rusteze
Chelmsfordthescapegoat
John
Mr M. Cooper
impi
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.
Top posting users this month
1879graves
Frank Allewell
ADMIN
imperial1
Petty Officer Tom
rusteze
Kenny
TonyM
90th
Isandula
Most active topics
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Durnford was he capable.1
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Durnford was he capable. 4
Durnford was he capable.5
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable.2
Durnford was he capable. 3
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.

Some bargain prices here!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
John Young

John Young

Some bargain prices here! Empty
PostSubject: Some bargain prices here!   Some bargain prices here! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 7:33 am

Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Some bargain prices here    Some bargain prices here! EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Yes JY a couple of bargains for those wanting to get a book or two ! .
90th You need to study mo
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Some bargain prices here!   Some bargain prices here! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Here we go again, see what I mean about ignoring the name that the regiment carried for the longest period in its lifetime (the best part of 100 years), and just look at the way Atkinson has called it the swb 24th foot 1689 - 1937, what a total insult to the memory of the mostly Englishmen of the regiment. And to describe it has 1689 - 1937 is yet another insult to the English origins and battle honours won by the mostly Englishmen of the regiment. Atkinson is giving the pre 1881 credit, honours, and glory to the swb, yet the swb did not come into existance until 1881, and it was NEVER the 24th foot, it was just the swb, the 24th foot was the 2nd Warwickshire regiment NOT the bloody swb, so Atkinson is adding to the lies to continue the myth created by the 'anti English', 'chip on the shoulder' Baker in his bias 1964 film zulu. If I had met up with this Baker bloke I would have had some very good advice to give him, and if he didn't like it he could have lumped it, fibbers don't like being given the truth, it sometimes hurts.
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Some bargain prices here!   Some bargain prices here! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Martin, have you posted in the right topic? Can't find any reference to "Atkinson" in link.

Or was your post meant for this topic. http://www.1879zuluwar.com/t8016p200-adding-to-the-library#81292
Back to top Go down
http://www.1879zuluwar.com
John Young

John Young

PostSubject: Re: Some bargain prices here!   Some bargain prices here! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Admin,

Page 2 of the booklist.

John Y.
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Some bargain prices here!   Some bargain prices here! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks John I see it. Fire away Martin, fire away!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.1879zuluwar.com
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Some bargain prices here!   Some bargain prices here! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 10:33 pm

Sorry Pete, I should have said which book it was that I was refering to, but when I saw its title in the list, I just had to draw other members attention to the blatantly misguiding title, which yet again provides a bit more ammo to the myth that was created by the 'anti English' Baker.

Don't worry mate, I will keep 'firing away' each time I find a reference to the swb that rightly belongs to the pre 1881 regiment (including of course the 24th (2nd Warwickshire) regiment), if no one else will respect the history, battle honours and glory of the Englishmen and their regiment, at least I will, why should the welsh get the credit for something that is not rightly theirs.  

'Omnis Honor et Gloria in XXIV'   Salute

John Y, many thanks for pointing it out to Pete.   agree
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Some bargain prices here    Some bargain prices here! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 3:27 am

Salute Fire away Martin , independent fire at will , FIRE , watch your markers , watch your markers ! . Very Happy Very Happy
90th Joker Joker Joker
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Re: Some bargain prices here!   Some bargain prices here! EmptyTue Jul 19, 2016 11:56 am

Don't worry Gary me old wombat, I have plenty of rounds for the MH, and the bayonet is fixed ready to give the coup de gras, I also have my sword by my side, and I can take my pick of an Adams or a Webley, "They shall not pass" Mad Mad

Hope you are keeping well Pal. Salute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some bargain prices here!   Some bargain prices here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Some bargain prices here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM  :: ZULU WAR PUBLICATIONS & REVIEWS-
Jump to: