WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Film Zulu Dawn:General Lord Chelmsford: For a savage, as for a child, chastisement is sometimes a kindness. Sir Henry Bartle Frere: Let us hope, General, that this will be the final solution to the Zulu problem.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Looking for the medal to 1423 Pte. W. Gregg/Greig
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyToday at 1:46 am by sam steele

» 1409 Pte David Lloyd, Defender of Rorke's Drift
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyYesterday at 8:48 pm by Julian Whybra

» The curious tale of Cetshwayo's "gunpowder depot" and an aggressive snake
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyThu Apr 25, 2024 9:36 am by Hobbes

» Anson A. Mayer/Maher
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 7:10 pm by cmeghen

» Late Father's Militaria Collection
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 2:16 pm by Julian Whybra

» A Hungarian soldier in the Zulu War (?)
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 21, 2024 11:28 am by Eddie

» Lieut. B. Pohl, No. 7 Coy 1/3 Natal Native Contingent
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 9:26 am by SRB1965

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson photographs.
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 am by John Young

» No. 985. PTE. EDWARD READ. 2-24 Regt. (South Wales Borders).
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 8:12 pm by Julian Whybra

» Private Willis 2/24th Regiment his letter from South Africa
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:49 pm by 1879graves

» Sickness among Crealock's men
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 12, 2024 4:52 pm by Hobbes

» Wheeler John Cantwell DCM, RD survivor of the Royal Horse Artillery
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 5:20 pm by Kenny

» Brevet Major W.R.B. Chamberlin
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 5:44 pm by Jager1

» Private 1941 Samuel MacClue / McClune 1/24th Regiment
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 3:11 pm by Dash

» Sergeant W E Warren RA - Veteran
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 10:50 am by DavidS

» "With 6 good riflemen"
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 5:10 pm by Hobbes

» Punch's view of Chelmsford's tactics!
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 5:17 pm by SRB1965

» Colonialism: A Moral Legacy
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 11:16 am by Julian Whybra

» John Robert Dunn
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 12:09 pm by 90th

» An early memorial to the Prince Imperial?
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 10:35 am by John Young

» The Poem "A Child Hero" referring to Rupert Weatherley
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 pm by Bongo

» Writing advice
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue Mar 26, 2024 2:26 pm by Julian Whybra

» Private John Scott 24th Regiment a fugitive at large
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 12:53 pm by Dash

» Your favourite line from Zulu or Zulu Dawn
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 pm by Julian Whybra

» 100,000 posts!
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 2:20 pm by Julian Whybra

» Zulu Dawn/Zulu - New Immortals Film The Way Forward ?
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:34 pm by jgregory

» Badge on 2/60th and 3/60th foreign service helmets
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 am by John Young

» Corporal James Frowen Williams F Company.
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:08 am by Julian Whybra

» British rations and morale
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 pm by Julian Whybra

» Blue Plaque to James Egan, alias Private Hagan
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 9:16 pm by ADMIN

» A few questions regarding Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:16 pm by Julian Whybra

» William J Hoare 24th Regiment??
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 7:08 pm by Dash

» Swinburn Carbine issue in AZW
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:53 pm by Rob D

» Australians who went to Zululand and fought in the 1879 war.
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 8:39 am by John Young

» Philip Price
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:55 am by Julian Whybra

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
Durnford was he capable.1
Durnford was he capable. 4
Durnford was he capable.5
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Isandlwana, Last Stands
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable. 3
Durnford was he capable.2
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.
Most Viewed Topics
Please Do Not Post Ads on Our Forum
Google Chrome new standards imposed
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Recent Members To The ZULU WAR 1879 Discussion & Reference Forum ( A Small Victorian War in 1879)
The missing five hours.
ISANDLWANA SURVIVIORS
The ammunition question
Lieutenant Adendorff 1-3 N.N.C.
Top posting users this month
Hobbes
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy Bar_leftBuller's Rescue Of D'Arcy BarBuller's Rescue Of D'Arcy Bar_right 
Julian Whybra
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy Bar_leftBuller's Rescue Of D'Arcy BarBuller's Rescue Of D'Arcy Bar_right 
John Young
A Crockart
Petty Officer Tom
SRB1965
Kenny
Eddie
Jager1
cmeghen
New topics
» The curious tale of Cetshwayo's "gunpowder depot" and an aggressive snake
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Apr 24, 2024 3:26 pm by Hobbes

» Lieut. B. Pohl, No. 7 Coy 1/3 Natal Native Contingent
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 20, 2024 12:38 am by WeekendWarrior

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson photographs.
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 am by John Young

» Late Father's Militaria Collection
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyThu Apr 18, 2024 3:04 pm by A Crockart

» Anson A. Mayer/Maher
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm by cmeghen

» A Hungarian soldier in the Zulu War (?)
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 8:01 pm by Hobbes

» Sickness among Crealock's men
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 8:51 pm by Hobbes

» Wheeler John Cantwell DCM, RD survivor of the Royal Horse Artillery
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 07, 2024 9:36 pm by Hobbes

» John Robert Dunn
Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 11:47 am by SueSNB

Similar topics
Zero tolerance to harassment and bullying.
Due to recent events on this forum, we have now imposed a zero tolerance to harassment and bullying. All reports will be treated seriously, and will lead to a permanent ban of both membership and IP address. Any member blatantly corresponding in a deliberate and provoking manner will be removed from the forum as quickly as possible after the event.  If any members are being harassed behind the scenes PM facility by any member/s here at 1879zuluwar.com please do not hesitate to forward the offending text.  We are all here to communicate and enjoy the various discussions and information on the Anglo Zulu War of 1879. Opinions will vary, you will agree and disagree with one another, we will have debates, and so it goes. There is no excuse for harassment or bullying of anyone by another person on this site. The above applies to the main frame areas of the forum. The ring which is the last section on the forum, is available to those members who wish to partake in slagging matches. That section cannot be viewed by guests and only viewed by members that wish to do so. 
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.

Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy

Go down 
+7
24th
littlehand
The1stLt
90th
Mr M. Cooper
John
Richie
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Richie

Richie

Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy Empty
PostSubject: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi All,
I was excused duty for the last two days so I have started my other modelling project from Blood On The Painted Mountain depicting Buller's rescue of D'Arcy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Model.
I have attached a number of illustrations showing the rescue of D’Arcy. I purchased Verlinden’s 1741 General Colbert 120mm Red Lancer figure as the basis of my conversion as the pose of the horse fit the bill to a tee.
Yesterday I have just taken a laborious 4 hours plus to grind off the Napoleonic saddle and unwanted head tack. I have tacked the horse together ready to fill and sand down. All comments and help always greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Richie

Today I have made some further progress roughing out the two figures and the overall pose. Hope you enjoy my interpretation.
(90th if you look in - I have just had a word with my mate who has bought a lathe, I've asked him for a price to make a Zulu war period artillery piece and limber in 120mm scale, so if the price is right I just might make Isandhlwautf"saving the guns")
cheers
Richie Salute

Back to top Go down
http://www.1879miniatures.co.uk
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:30 pm

Looking forward to seeing this one progress. You probably tod s before, but where can these models be purchased and how much is one looking to pay.
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi John,
Thanks for looking in mate. Firstly this is a one off custom conversion and is not available commercially. If you wanted to buy the figures that I have used then you are looking at approx. £40-£50 for the Lancer (I bought this only for the pose of the horse, this is still commercially available from Verlinden). The 2 figures again are made from a number of other model parts. If you were to buy the other models, plus additional accessories without what I scratch build then you are probably looking at another £120 if you can find them as they are out of production.This is without the cost of a base, groundwork and the paint/painting.

Are you looking for model figures from this period to make or buy??? What sort of scales are you looking for??? If you PM me I am sure I can point you in the right direction or help you out.
cheers
Richie Salute
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Same scale as yours. Would be interested in a Gatling Gun and crew.
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi John,
Do you want to make this yourself or buy completely finished??? I have never ever seen what you want in this scale as a kit. Not saying it can't be done! I know someone who makes scale model weapons and has a lathe, so the gatling gun and limber could be manufactured. The figures are a different problem. Again these could be made but not bought. Please let me know your thoughts.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:54 pm

Sefl build. Sorry for late reply, her in-doors is having a rant because I'm on the forum. The red holdall in the hallway and bath comes to mind..
Back to top Go down
John

John

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi John,
I will have a word to my mate and see what price he comes up with for the gatling gun and limber. I may be able to help you with some parts for the figures, but it looks like a scratch build for the figures, depending on the pose of the figures. Be in touch soon.
cheers
Richie Salute
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Buller's rescue of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Richie.

This seems to be coming on well my friend, and the horse is just right for the pose, can I ask about the headwear though, are you going to alter those?

Can't wait to see the different stages of this project, it looks like it's going to be a real cracker.

Best wishes mate.

Martin. Salute
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Buller's Rescue of D'arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi Richie .
I'm sure this will be sensational once finished and as usual I cant wait to see the finished product . I agree with Martin everything looks excellent even at this early stage . '' Saving The Guns '' will certainly be well worth seeing ! . Looking forward to seeing if it can eventuate as well . Good luck mate with the projects .
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi Matin,
Thanks for looking in, still miles to go before this one will finished. Yes, I was keeping the slouch hats with puggree, in the last photo, the book on the right shows Redvers Buller in the middle and is depicted in a Norfolk jacket and slouch hat, I have also seen this in a number of other sketches and drawings in similar attire. The particular one that comes to mind is a sketch by W. Fairlie in Brave Mens Blood.

Do you think this is incorrect???

Probably do D'Arcy in a blue patrol jacket and cord breeches!

Hi 90th,
Thanks for looking in mate, it has been some grind to get to this stage, however I am pleased up to now. I will certainly look at the possibilty of the Royal Artilllery model - it all depends on what the field piece and limber cost! Saying that, 6 suitable horse's and 3 crew (in 120mm scale) alone would be pushing £300-£400.
God she had a crack at me last month for spending £300 on models and consumables. Mad Still, might aswell be hung for a sheep as a lamb. Very Happy
cheers again Salute
Richie
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Buller's Rescue of D'arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi Richie .
:lol: I know the feeling mate I usually get the same treatment , although last week I spent a LOT on an Ammo Box and a photo album - I told here about them and she showed some interest ............in the album anyway wasnt sure about the box .........Firewood I think she called it and very expensive wood at that ! .. :lol: :lol: Shocked . These times will pass ; once she realises she cant beat you , she will join you ! - as the saying goes ...............hopefully . scratch scratch
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
The1stLt

The1stLt

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Coming along very nicely Richie and thanks for sharing your progress with us and like others looking forward to seeing it completed...............The1stLt
Back to top Go down
littlehand

littlehand

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Richie. I could be wrong but wasn't you going to give the model of the Lancer to you dad. What was the out-come
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Buller's Rescue of D'arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi Littlehand .
No mate , fairly certain it was me !! :lol: :lol: :lol: .
cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Hi John,
Sent you a PM with details of gatling gun and limber.

Hi The1stLt,
Thanking for looking, glad you like my project so far.

Hi littlehand,
My dad got Colour Sgt Bourne, the Lancer currently resides with some other models in my display cabinet.

Hi 90th,
I think she's just about to wave a white flag :lol:

cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Buller's Rescue of D'arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi Richie .
:lol: Thats right , she may be thinking if I cant beat him I'll join him ! Shocked . Did you build the other figures in the Display Cabinet ?? . Excellent work . Outstanding , hard to find a superlative really that describes those efforts .
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi 90th,
Yes, the WW2 figures were the first I made (I still have quite a few WW2 kits unbuilt), I keep them so I compare my progress, but once the cabinet is full of Zulu war figures they may need to find a new home.
Thank you for your kind words, but after what I saw the other weekend at a modelling show, mine are poor in comparison. I need to up my game in the painting department.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
24th

24th

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Hey !!! Richie. If ever you think of moving, I would be more than happy to look after that display cabinet, until you have settled. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi All,
After 3 weeks of just work and family, I have finally managed to get a few hours in. I have started to contruct the detail on the standing figure - the patrol jacket, using lead foil, fuse wire, solder wire and milliput (modelling putty).
cheers
Richie

Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Buller's Rescue of D'arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun May 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi Richie .
Looking good mate , cant wait to see my finished product !. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers 90th. :joker:
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyMon May 21, 2012 5:20 pm

Hi 90th,
Thanks for the reply. I have sent you an e-mail with something that might just interest you!!!!!
cheers
Richie Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi All,
I have managed to complete some more work this weekend. I have finished all the sculpting detail on D'Arcy, I only have the sword, spurs and pistol lanyard to add after painting.
I have started to sculpt the jacket on Buller, still loads to do but the project is moving again.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Buller's rescue of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi Richie.

The project is coming on great mate, the small details must take ages to get right, you must have a very steady hand and good eyesight.

Still a little puzzled about the headwear though, as most drawings, paintings, etc, that I have seen, depict Buller wearing a helmet, and D'Arcy with no head dress, but that just might be the artists own interpretation of what they assumed the men to have been wearing. Whatever mate, this model looks splendid so far, and is a credit to you and your skills.

Well done mate.

Regards.

Martin. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue May 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi Martin,
Thanks for looking in mate and the very nice comments. To be honest this one has tested my dexterity and patients at times, that does not take into account glueing my fingers together.

Hope to make a big dent in it this bank holiday weekend as I have nothing planned at last.

I have seen 4 different depictions of Buller and D'Arcy and I think you're right it's Victiorian artistic license. I have seen Buller depicted alone wearing a slouch hat and Norfolk jacket. Due to the Frontier Light Horse I wanted to depict them in slouch hats, cord breeches, patrol jacket and probably Buller in a Norfolk jacket. My own artistic license, based on reading up on the uniforms worn.
cheers
Richie Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi All,
Here are my latest W.I.P. photo's.
cheers
Richie
Back to top Go down
The1stLt

The1stLt

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:09 am

Got just one word Richie OUTSTANDING Salute Salute The1st Lt
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Buller's Rescue Of D'arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 1:32 am

Very Happy Hi Richie .
Hope all is well with you in the uk , outstanding indeed . Very Happy Very Happy .
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:41 am

Hi Ritchie
Could think of a lot of words but two will do
Bloody marvelous.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Buller's rescue of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi Richie.

Also echo what others have said.

Very well done mate, FANTASTIC.

This is going to look brilliant when finished and painted, it's a work of art from the heart mate, great stuff.

Martin. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Hi Martin,
This certainly has 6 weeks of my life upto now. Thanks for the nice comment, very humbling. I have been trying to find one of the images that give me inspiration and inspired the choice of headwear, hope you are still not flummoxed now.
Thanks again for the support
cheers
Richie

Hi springbok9,
Thank you for the lovely comment, as I have said before it is my way of trying to give a little back to this wonderful site. Since the Frontier Light Horse were a Colonial Regiment maybe when this is completed it should reside in South Africa one day.
cheers
Richie

Hi 90th,
Thanks for all the support as usual, things in pommy land are just bonza mate
cheers
Richie

Hi The1stLt,
Thanks for looking in again, the support and great comment, very much appreciated. I keep viewing your post and take inspiration when I am out of sorts, so keep up the great work aswell mate.
cheers
Richie

Back to top Go down
Ulundi

Ulundi

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi Richie. Im a newby to the forum. Just wanted to say your work is absolutely first class, I have see quite a lot of painted models, but none to this standard. The Lancer was a unque piece of work. It has to be said this forum certainly as some top class craftsman. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi Ulundi,
Firstly welcome to this great forum. Thank you for a massive vote of confidence, you want to see some of the work I have seen produced by some fellows modellers, make me look like an infant potato printer :lol:

I am not aswell read as some of the lads and lasses on here,although I have a pile of books to get through and this is one way I can contribute something back to this forum.

Many thanks again, please look in again I am always up for critique to help me improve.
cheers
Richie Salute
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Models relating to the zulu war    Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 am

Hi Richie .
Alllllllll right then ................No-one told you to stop workin' . ( just think the movie zulu ) .
Thank you for the kind words , I dont know about the Colonial model finishing up in Sth Africa !.
Certainly Australia would be better suited , my cabinet especially . Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . I have a space ??.
Cheers Pal . 90th . :joker: :joker:
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Buller's rescue of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi Gary (90th),

My word mate, you must have some size of cabinet, books, models, artifacts, medals, etc, etc, make it yourself did you? :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I think that if you look back on the threads, you will find that I was the first to suggest to Richie to have a go at making a model of Buller, so if Richie wants the model to get a good home, then I should be first in line. Very Happy

But saying that Richie and his good lady wife are looking after MY model of the Col Sgt 24th foot (2nd Warwickshire) regiment, then I suppose that it's only fair to let Richie decide. Anyway, he is already looking after 1879graves's model of the Lancer, so poor Richies cabinet must be getting full, Suspect :lol:

Hope all well down under mate. Salute

Hi Richie.

No mate, no longer flummoxed now.

This model will look fantastic when finished, you have a great talent my friend.

Martin. Salute
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:37 pm

I think you two should leave Ritchie to make up his own mind where the model ends up.
Anyway I have a lovely spot on the mantle piece thats available. :lol:
South Africa should definitly be its home.......................Africa is calling.

Cheers all.
Back to top Go down
Chelmsfordthescapegoat

Chelmsfordthescapegoat

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 1:55 pm

Richie. I can put it on eBay for you, along with my Officers Trunk and bag.
Just about to stencil a hip flask with A. Durnford RE
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Models relating to the zulu war    Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi CTSG.
I cant believe the Stencilled trunk ( Moriarty's Suspect Suspect ) went for 300 Odd Quid or so . scratch scratch . I find that rather amazing . :joker: :joker: . The quicker you put up the flask the richer you'll be . Shocked Shocked .
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Buller's rescue of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi CTSG.

Is there any chance that you will be putting that super camera of yours with the fantasic telephoto lens on ebay? Very Happy

That photo you took from your back garden of iSandlwana was splendid mate, wish I had a camera like that. :lol:

I have a pair of officers riding breeches, if I get her indoors to stitch a label in with the name "Chelmsford" on it, will you swap your camera for them? Shocked :lol:
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Models relating to the zulu war - Buller's rescue of D'arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:34 pm

Hi Martin.
Love it . :lol: :lol: . Sure CTSG will get a chuckle out of that one . :joker:
cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Buller's rescue of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi Gary.

:lol: :lol: Thanks mate. Salute

P.S. No cricket again ,rain Sad , but we have won the series anyway. Very Happy

Martin. Salute
Back to top Go down
Richie

Richie

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:11 am

Hi Everyone,
Thank you all again for your support. Due to personal circumstances of family (2 operations,the wife and dad) and work (doing a distance learning course) I have had no free time over the last few months to dedicate to this up until now.

I have made some progress and hope to make an even bigger dent in this and a couple of others over the next few weeks. I will keep you informed as I progress.
cheers
Richie

Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Buller's Rescue Of D'arcy    Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Richie .
Glad to have you back among the fold , hope all went well with the 2 ops . Great to see the excellent work continues .
The letters you mentioned to me a while ago I got them !. All the best mate .
Cheers 90th. Salute
Back to top Go down
Mr M. Cooper

Mr M. Cooper

PostSubject: Buller's rescue of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi Richie.

Nice to have you back with us again, and hope all is ok on the home front.

The model is looking good Richie. carry on the good work that man.

Best regards buddy.

Martin. Salute
Back to top Go down
littlehand

littlehand

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 1:50 pm

Outstanding detail Richie.
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:11 pm

wow - that is outstanding work. truely breathtaking.

I read through the thread and noticed you commented on other modellers being better than you.

Point 1 I find that difficult to believe, your work is outstanding
Point 2 as someone with the modelling skills of Edward Scissorhands but with a study that always has room for the Zulu war - do these modellers ever sell any of their work and how would you find it?

Keep up the good work cant wait to see it finished and if you are acceptiong commissions (which I think you should) I would be happy to be your agent for the small price of a model of Pope and Goodwin-Austin's last stand Salute

Sergio
Back to top Go down
90th

90th

PostSubject: Buller's rescue of D'arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi Sergio .
Good try my friend but you need to join the queue !. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . A few others have seniority ! . :lol: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cheers 90th. Very Happy Salute . He's very good that man Richie . He doesnt nearly give himself enough credit . Shocked
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:31 pm

:lol:
I know 90th - but you can't blame a guy for trying.

Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:32 pm

PS can someone post the link to the Lancer model - I wouldnt mind seeing pictures of it!!
Back to top Go down
SergioD

SergioD

PostSubject: Re: Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy   Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 pm

PS Richie

My first piece of advice as your potential agent :lol: If you wife is giving you grief about spending £2-300 on modelling materials - I suggest you point out the recent auctions for isandlwana causalty and survivor medals - see thread for Hamer .
I suspect at this point she will be glad you are modelling and not collecting medals!! I wouldnt be surprised if she went and bought the materials herself :lol:

we all answer to a higher authority - the trick is rather like Durnford to learn how to interpret orders!!
Back to top Go down

Buller's Rescue Of D'Arcy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next