WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Film Zulu Dawn:Lt. Col. Pulleine: His Lordship is of the cetain opinion that it's far too difficult an approach to be chosen by the Zulu command.Col. Durnford: Yes, well... difficulty never deterred a Zulu commander.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  PublicationsPublications  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Prince Imperial Leave Request at Woolwich
Today at 10:59 am by Frank Allewell

» Lieutenant-Colonel Gerald Lionel Joseph Goff.
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:26 pm by 90th

» R.I.P Terry Sole
Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:05 pm by nitro450

» Major Gonville Bromhead VC
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:46 am by SRB1965

» Lt. G. Pardoe 1st Btn 13th (Somerset) Light Infantry
Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 am by ADMIN

» Natal Hussars
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 pm by Rory Reynolds

» Location of grave : Lt. F. Scott Natal Carbineers
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:49 pm by Tim Needham

» Lieutenant Henry Lysons
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:47 pm by ADMIN

» Lt. H.Valentine Jay. Natal Native Contingent
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:44 pm by ADMIN

» Lieut & Adjutant Henry Julian Dyer
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:41 pm by ADMIN

» Lt Gonville Bromhead
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:19 pm by ADMIN

» MAJOR FRANK BROADWOOD MATTHEWS
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:15 pm by ADMIN

» Lodge Isandlwana Masonic Military Lodge
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 pm by Muhlenbeck

» Lt. G. Baker 3rd Btn 60th Regiment
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:03 pm by ADMIN

» Lt. F. Scott Natal Carbineers, killed in action at Isandlwana
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:57 pm by ADMIN

Lt. General Sir J.G. Wolseley, General Officer Commanding
Mac and Shad (Isandula Collection)
The Battlefields of Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
90th

littlehand

Frank Allewell

ADMIN

Chelmsfordthescapegoat

John

Mr M. Cooper

1879graves

impi

rusteze

Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.
Top posting users this month
90th

xhosa2000

Frank Allewell

SRB1965

ADMIN

Victorian Dad

Brett Hendey

rusteze

aussie inkosi

FLYNN

Most active topics
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Durnford was he capable.5
Durnford was he capable.1
Durnford was he capable. 3
Durnford was he capable.2
Durnford was he capable. 4
The ammunition question
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.

Share | 

50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Suzannah Olivier

PostSubject: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Dear All - I've been putting together a really exciting evening on 10th June for fans of the film ZULU. The film has been digitally remastered and is to be seen in its original wide-screen format (a rare opportunity, this).  There are many extras to make it a memorable evening, including a Zulu choir, the Welsh Guards choir, some never-before-seen original set footage, and more.  It is all in aid of 3 fantastic charities (Walking with the Wounded and two charities which help Southern African children into education, The David Rattray Trust and Sentebale).  I'm very proud of this film as my dear old dad, Cy Endfield, directed it, and co-produced it with Stanley Baker.  I do hope some of you will be interested in coming along to support us - I'm not allowed to put a link up here, but if you google Zulu 50th the page for info and selling tickets comes right up at the top.
Back to top Go down
Ulundi

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanks Suzannah. I'm sure some will turn out.

Here's the link you mention.

http://walkingwiththewounded.org.uk/support-the-walk/wwtw-events/zulu50/
Back to top Go down
Suzannah Olivier

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks - it's not that I don't know the link, but rather that the site won't let me post any link in the first 7 days of membership!
A short cut is: zulu50 dot com - which will get you to the same page (obviously replacing the space and the word 'dot' as appropriate) - that's another way round not being able to post a link!
Back to top Go down
Chard1879

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Looks like Weldone is in order! Should be a great evening  agree

Some very clear photo's
Back to top Go down
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:38 pm

Did anyone attend ?

Back to top Go down
http://www.1879zuluwar.com
ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:58 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.1879zuluwar.com
John Young

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:14 pm

Peter,

Neil & Tim Rose were there by the look of the news reports!

John Y.
Back to top Go down
timothylrose

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:24 am

Well John you wouldn't expect anyone else to do it would you????? - one of the joys of "Zulu" related jobs is my ability to work in as much sub Zulu text as possible - the highlight of this one followed the deployment of the lads around the cinema foyer and entrance - which was done by an artistic director. When security took over it was obvious that some of the lads were in the wrong places so I told my NCO that we had best move them:

ME: Corporal, the men on the centre stalls, they aren't doing anything, bring them about and use them to reinforce the north balconies.

CORPORAL: But suppose they start to come through the central stalls?

ME: Quite ..... but we need to outgun them somewhere.

We were privileged and honoured to take part in this unique event celebrating "that film" supporting the charities and showing yet again how much a remarkable 50 year old film has engrained itself into the British national conciousness - proud to have been able to help Suzannah on this one - atb Tim
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:35 am

Well done Tim smart turnout indeed.
Interestingly I was mooching around the open air market in Cape Town on the weekend and I spotted black market copies of the movie on a number of stalls. Shows how popular it is if the Criminals feel they can make money out of it.
The police incidentally where informed by the markets management and moved in to confiscate and arrest.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Tenedos

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:31 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Wow, that really bring back memories of going
to the flicks in the early sixties..i have not seen
one of those preview mags till today..they had
stacks of them in the foyer, being a kid i never
would dream of paying for one..i got sixpence on
a Saturday and a penny on Sunday, point being
there was always a few left in the auditorium by
the adults fleeing in haste to beat the playing of
the national anthem, us artful dodgers knew this
well.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:51 pm

SIXPENCE???????? Used to hate you rich kids  Mad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:15 pm

i might have exaggerated a tad! mists
of time blah  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Neil Aspinshaw

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:20 pm

The best part for me was lord Ashcroft inspecting my Martinis at the aftershow, he said "I'm Lord Ashcroft"...I said " I know and I'm martini Neil" touche!, a very nice bloke indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.martinihenry.org
90th

PostSubject: 50th Anniversary screening of zulu    Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:16 am

Salute That's an excellent reply Neil ! Love it  Very Happy 
90th
Back to top Go down
timothylrose

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:55 am

Neil - we also made Hello magazine and the Singapore times apparently - atb Tim
Back to top Go down
John Young

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:52 am

Tim,

The worrying thing is what were you doing looking at Hello?

John Y.
Back to top Go down
timothylrose

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:11 pm

It was purely for "research purposes" - at least that's what my legal advisers have suggested I say - atb Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:51 pm

Re Mike Snook..from the other place!.

No, not there at the screening; I fear we provincials cannot readily afford to mix it with the metropolitan elite, however worthy the charitable cause. (Especially anybody who resigned his commission in protest at an infamous act like the unwarranted disbandment of a Welsh battalion and now has to scratch a living as a Victorian military historian!).

Me!.. "not many people know that". maximum respect..Mr Snook! not his biggest fan in
the past..but greatly admire anyone who takes a stand, and has the guts to stick to it!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London   

Back to top Go down

50th Anniversary Screening of ZULU Film on 10th June, London
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM  :: EVENTS AND OTHER IMPORTANT DATES RELATING TO THE ANGLO ZULU WAR-
Jump to: