WWW.1879ZULUWAR.COM

Film Zulu Dawn:General Lord Chelmsford: For a savage, as for a child, chastisement is sometimes a kindness. Sir Henry Bartle Frere: Let us hope, General, that this will be the final solution to the Zulu problem.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 100,000 posts!
New video for my you tube channel EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am by ADMIN

» Your favourite line from Zulu or Zulu Dawn
New video for my you tube channel EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:47 pm by jgregory

» Zulu Dawn/Zulu - New Immortals Film The Way Forward ?
New video for my you tube channel EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 2:34 pm by jgregory

» Badge on 2/60th and 3/60th foreign service helmets
New video for my you tube channel EmptySat Mar 16, 2024 11:05 am by John Young

» Corporal James Frowen Williams F Company.
New video for my you tube channel EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 9:08 am by Julian Whybra

» British rations and morale
New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 11:05 pm by Julian Whybra

» Blue Plaque to James Egan, alias Private Hagan
New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 9:16 pm by ADMIN

» A few questions regarding Rorke's Drift and Isandlwana
New video for my you tube channel EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:16 pm by Julian Whybra

» William J Hoare 24th Regiment??
New video for my you tube channel EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 7:08 pm by Dash

» Swinburn Carbine issue in AZW
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 12:53 pm by Rob D

» Australians who went to Zululand and fought in the 1879 war.
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 8:39 am by John Young

» Philip Price
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:55 am by Julian Whybra

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:47 am by RoryReynolds

» August Hammar Letter Dated 6th Jan 1879
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 22, 2024 8:34 pm by Stefaan

» Bearing The Cross by Ken Blakeson | BBC RADIO DRAMA: Ken Blakeson's play tells the story of the Battle of Rorke's Drift and the effect it had on three of the soldiers who fought in it.
New video for my you tube channel EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am by Julian Whybra

» Letter of officer during Zulu wars.
New video for my you tube channel EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:47 am by Julian Whybra

» About the second invasion
New video for my you tube channel EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 9:14 pm by 90th

» Zulu Festival Brecon July 2024
New video for my you tube channel EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 7:35 pm by John Young

» Watford band boys killed at iSandlwana
New video for my you tube channel EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 8:26 am by Julian Whybra

» Private J. McCrudden 1/13 Foot
New video for my you tube channel EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 3:10 am by 90th

» Death of Michael Jayson (Zulu Dawn)
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 9:55 pm by ADMIN

» The anniversary of 22nd January in 2024
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 3:51 pm by luke1997

» What was the distance?
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 08, 2024 8:46 am by Stefaan

» Mrs Henry Hook
New video for my you tube channel EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 3:14 pm by Kenny

» "With 6 good riflemen"
New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 2:30 pm by Mr M. Cooper

» What was G company supposed to do?
New video for my you tube channel EmptySun Feb 04, 2024 9:31 pm by Julian Whybra

» Private 1445 Charles Meates 17th Lancers and his brother William Wylie
New video for my you tube channel EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 10:07 pm by John Young

» South Africa Medal With Clasp To Pvt J. Salter 3/60th
New video for my you tube channel EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 3:12 pm by Foody

» Weatherleys Border Horse Flag
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 9:40 pm by Herbie

» Edward Plantagenet Kemeys-Tynte
New video for my you tube channel EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 10:06 pm by Edjg

» How many started?
New video for my you tube channel EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 10:10 am by Julian Whybra

» Firing Line formation
New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Jan 22, 2024 2:32 pm by Julian Whybra

» Why did Maj. Spalding have to go ?
New video for my you tube channel EmptyWed Jan 17, 2024 9:40 pm by Stefaan

» Grape-shot at close range.
New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 7:42 am by SRB1965

» Books Hlobane & Kambula
New video for my you tube channel EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 10:08 am by John Young

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
Durnford was he capable.1
Durnford was he capable. 4
Durnford was he capable.5
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
Isandlwana, Last Stands
The ammunition question
Durnford was he capable. 3
Durnford was he capable.2
Pte David Jenkins. 'Forgotten' Survivor of Rorke's Drift Returned to Official Records
The missing five hours.
Most Viewed Topics
Please Do Not Post Ads on Our Forum
Google Chrome new standards imposed
Isandlwana, Last Stands
Recent Members To The ZULU WAR 1879 Discussion & Reference Forum ( A Small Victorian War in 1879)
The missing five hours.
ISANDLWANA SURVIVIORS
The ammunition question
Lieutenant Adendorff 1-3 N.N.C.
Top posting users this month
Julian Whybra
New video for my you tube channel Bar_leftNew video for my you tube channel BarNew video for my you tube channel Bar_right 
Dash
New video for my you tube channel Bar_leftNew video for my you tube channel BarNew video for my you tube channel Bar_right 
Hobbes
Bill8183
SRB1965
ADMIN
jgregory
John Young
1879graves
Tig Van Milcroft
New topics
» 100,000 posts!
New video for my you tube channel EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:14 am by ADMIN

» Badge on 2/60th and 3/60th foreign service helmets
New video for my you tube channel EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 8:27 pm by Rob Herrick

» British rations and morale
New video for my you tube channel EmptyWed Mar 06, 2024 9:24 pm by Hobbes

» Alfred Fairlie Henderson
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 7:47 am by RoryReynolds

» Australians who went to Zululand and fought in the 1879 war.
New video for my you tube channel EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 2:23 am by peterfarrell

» About the second invasion
New video for my you tube channel EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 9:53 pm by Hobbes

» Zulu Festival Brecon July 2024
New video for my you tube channel EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 7:35 pm by John Young

» Letter of officer during Zulu wars.
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 4:46 pm by Will M

» Bearing The Cross by Ken Blakeson | BBC RADIO DRAMA: Ken Blakeson's play tells the story of the Battle of Rorke's Drift and the effect it had on three of the soldiers who fought in it.
New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 1:24 am by ADMIN

Similar topics
Zero tolerance to harassment and bullying.
Due to recent events on this forum, we have now imposed a zero tolerance to harassment and bullying. All reports will be treated seriously, and will lead to a permanent ban of both membership and IP address. Any member blatantly corresponding in a deliberate and provoking manner will be removed from the forum as quickly as possible after the event.  If any members are being harassed behind the scenes PM facility by any member/s here at 1879zuluwar.com please do not hesitate to forward the offending text.  We are all here to communicate and enjoy the various discussions and information on the Anglo Zulu War of 1879. Opinions will vary, you will agree and disagree with one another, we will have debates, and so it goes. There is no excuse for harassment or bullying of anyone by another person on this site. The above applies to the main frame areas of the forum. The ring which is the last section on the forum, is available to those members who wish to partake in slagging matches. That section cannot be viewed by guests and only viewed by members that wish to do so. 
Fair Use Notice
Fair use notice. This website may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorised by the copyright owner. We are making such material and images are available in our efforts to advance the understanding of the “Anglo Zulu War of 1879. For educational & recreational purposes. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material, as provided for in UK copyright law. The information is purely for educational and research purposes only. No profit is made from any part of this website. If you hold the copyright on any material on the site, or material refers to you, and you would like it to be removed, please let us know and we will work with you to reach a resolution.

New video for my you tube channel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aussie inkosi

aussie inkosi

New video for my you tube channel Empty
PostSubject: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 12:54 am

Hi everyone I hope your all safe

after being in lock down and having spare time I have added a new video entitled the discovery of the Zulu army at the battle of Isandlwana yes its my pet subject but I will try to download more videos time permits

the link is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

or under my channel AUSSIE INKOSI
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 9:42 am

Aussie the Major talks of 'we' when commentating on conclusions reached? Could you elaborate?
Back to top Go down
aussie inkosi

aussie inkosi

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 10:13 am

Hi Frank
The video was filmed in 2017, as you know the Major had his input a Ron Lock and Peter Quantrill work of the missing 5 hours plus they were great mates if you read the forwards of there books the Major rates a mention.

Remember Bakers sighting the large Zulu army from that hill its there on the video but the Major has placed Itusi in the wrong place.

I will go through it with you mate

As the Major is going through the locations on the video he mentions Itusi we need to locate the correct spot the major incorrectly located Itusi at the 1 minute 20sec mark he mentions Itusi he has it in the wrong spot go to the 1 minute40 sec mark and he mentions a clump of trees to the right of the trees you can see a rocky outcrop this is Itusi clearly and to the right of the rocky outcrop is the NQutu ridge he then mentions another clump of trees on the ridge and places Raw coming from there infact Mkwene is further to the right. So you can clearly see Itusi this is were Trooper Barker starts his journey lets go to his words " The Zulus then remained on the hills and about 200 advanced to 300 meters of us { so from roughly were those trees to the left of Itusi is were this screening force advanced to } but on our advancing they retired { to the left of the trees away from Barker } and on a further hill 600 yards we saw a large Zulu army very well lets focus on the cattle in the video you can see the ridge line drops and rises to a second hill it is this hill 600yards up he sees the army he is looking in the same spot as the missing five hours claim the discovery took place this is clear it can even be proven and confirmed with Barkers direction from the very point of view of that same army being discovered by Raw and Roberts

I only work't this out last weekend, have I convinced you yet of the discovery location what if I show you this hill from Itusi ?
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 10:27 am

Hi Aussie
Just wanted to make sure Ron and Peter got their mention.
But no Im not convinced, happy to go along with portion of TMFHT but in general there is just far to much not taken into account by R and P. Again as I said last time you brought the subject up we need to agree to disagree on Barker etc. I re walked that entire area in January this year over a three day period specifically looking at your concepts. I would be interested in seeing your videos from Mkwene and the top of iSandlwana in terms of the 'concealed' area.
Stay Safe Mate,
Back to top Go down
aussie inkosi

aussie inkosi

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 11:06 am

Hi Frank

Believe me, there is a lot of dead ground in that spot from Mkwene I have photos to prove it remember that wooded area beside that donga you can see that from Mkwene but not all that dead ground, tell me can you see all of that donga from Mkwene . NO NOT ALL what about all that space from the donga to the ridge. Two zulu regiments easy can fit there. The views from Isandlwana mount does not give you line of sight, the Nqutu ridge is higher up.

Read Uguku he mentions a black trooper and his horse was killed how close must you be, to kill a horse with a musket, believe me within 100 meters thats how close some of the zulus were to that ridge line.

LOOK CLOSELY AT YOUR PHOTOS FROM MKWENE they are the same as mine they say the same story.

Barkers words matches these conclusions he got it right back in 1879 we have it wrong in 2020.
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi Aussie
Its a misnomer that you cant see over the ridge from the top of iSandlwana, theres a very large swath visible. From Mkwene again a very large swath, sure a certain amount of dead ground but you cannot cherry pick the pieces you want to create a scenario. The situation has to be viewed as a whole. Assumptions, such as the trooper being killed with a musket and at 100 yards as an instance. Uguku again has to be viewed with caution, its a third hand account. It was a story told to Vanyada and then passed through a 'General Officer' to a reporter. If one takes it as face value then the question has to be asked: 'if the impi was hunkered down in the donga then how did Uguku see the patrol riding UP the hill, surely his view would only have been whence the patrol breasted the hill?'
I dont disbelieve Barkers statement but there are other interpretations that you are not taking cognisance of.
Ron had a lot of questions directed at him over TNFH that never received satisfactory answers, including the so called 'Woods' handwriting over the top of the pencilled 'Henderson' notes.
Ground conditions over 140 years have changed quite a lot, in particular the area under consideration. In the late 60s the road to Nqutu was literally a track that ran over the hills rather than through them like the present main road so that 'valley seperating Mabaso from the ridge didnt exist. Likewise the area either side of the bridge on the main road over the Ngwebini stream has been raised up quite considerably. The village on Mabaso didnt exist and the road through to iSandlwana was a bare track. The ford over the upper Ngwebini wasnt there and the stream had a more natural flow, so not creating the dongas that exist today.
The late Lt Col Mike Mcabe RE had some amazing views on the changes in the topography and always counselled against using the present conditions to justify theories based on past actions.
As has been directed at me time and time again for an essay to be credited it has to have proof proof and proof.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
aussie inkosi

aussie inkosi

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyMon Jul 27, 2020 1:35 pm

Hi Frank
I did say from the very begining that all these Zulus these pickets were seeing were screens Uguku was part of the screen closer to the ridge line thats why he saw them coming. you have all these zulus on the far side of the donga no your wrong they were on the other side of the donga as goes with changes of terrain the hills are still there roads were placed on top of them, all those rocks covering Mabaso there the same rocks that were there in 1879 no one placed them there post 1879. So pathetic was the British scouting not one scouting party scouted Mabaso in the 3 days they were there.

Barker seals it and what he saw are the same Zulus in the same location as Raw and Roberts discovered the time matches perfectly, have you ever considered that ? him running into the rocket battery gives it all away like I said before, Barker told Russell not to go up there, read what he said Barker said the Zulus are advancing towards that hill that tells you they moved up and not all in the valley behind Mabaso.

Like you said we need to agree to disagree, keep safe mate.
Back to top Go down
Julian Whybra

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 10:17 am

aussie
Have you read and does the video take into account Hamer's 1887 account? It has a bearing.
I should also, before December, be in possession of a copy of Hamer's map of where the two troops rode on the plateau that morning. I don't expect much from it but it may be of some use.
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 10:29 am

Is that from David Julian?
Back to top Go down
aussie inkosi

aussie inkosi

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 10:48 am

Hi Julian
The video was an overview of the missing 5 hours location in question, have you viewd it and followed my above instruction in determining Bakers location when he spotted that large zulu army. I would love to see that map if thats possible I never new he wrote a map, concerning his testimony I understand his only version is a letter to his father.

Frank
I have a photo from Mkwene do you want me to place it on the forum and it will clearly show you how much dead ground when you see it with the video I posted on you tube from the zulu hidden side.
Back to top Go down
Julian Whybra

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 11:03 am

aussie
pm me an e-mail address and I'll send you the 1887 account in confidence.
When I get the map, I'll do likewise. Hamer drew three maps in all - two have vanished - one was in the NAM but has since been stolen.
Frank
Yes, the NAM one was one David copied. His legatee is allowing me access to all his papers, post-lockdown, so it should be there.
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 11:44 am

Good as you know Ive been after that for a long time, it should show the route Raw took.

Last edited by Frank Allewell on Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank Allewell

Frank Allewell

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 11:49 am

KInd of you Aussie but I do have.
Could I suggest that you have a careful look at the letter Raw/Grenfell, DAAG Fort Napier February 1879.It could influence your thinking.
Back to top Go down
aussie inkosi

aussie inkosi

PostSubject: Re: New video for my you tube channel   New video for my you tube channel EmptyThu Jul 30, 2020 9:33 pm

Hi Frank and Julian

Julian I will PM you after this thanks mate.

Frank, sorry I dont have this info letter Raw / Grenfell I will PM you my email as well

thanks both of you I love digging for new discoveries.

Of to work know to meet the mechanic who will fix my machine, need to work all weekend to catch up with the back log.

Back to top Go down

New video for my you tube channel
Page 1 of 1