Thank you for the reply Phil!
* know that Desmond fought in the storehouse with Tpr Lugg.
* David Jenkins is believed to be the soldier to have pulled Chard down in the yard as a zulu took aim at him
We know that:
* Roy, Beckett and Waters were in the Hospital
Can we presume that:
* Since Desmond and D. Jenkins were healthy and fighting, that Wilson and Payton would also be?
* Anyone know what companies Desmond, D Jenkins, Wilson and Payton were from of the 1/24th? Same G company perhaps?
* Any more details on the prisoner escort - when did it arrive at RD?
This would leave Pte. H. Turner out in the cold - if he was not part of the Prisoner Escort and part of H Coy then perhaps he was one of the un-named Patients in the hospital?
The next set of suspects would be the fellows of 2/24 but not of B Coy:
* Adams, R - D coy - KIA in the Hospital
* Connolly, J - C coy - KIA in Hospital
* Hayden G - D coy - KIA in Hospital
* Maxfield, R - G coy - KIA in Hospital
* Cole Robert - F coy - We know he fought in the Hospital
* Partridge, W - G Coy - Colour-SGT Bourne's Batman
* Chick, James - D Coy - Both Chick and Scanlon were hospital patients and were KIA - gunshot wounds as I understand it, which suggest they were out of the hospital at the time of death. That doesn't prove anything since the 2 un-named patients seem to have made it out of the hospital perhaps to die somewhere else on the defensive line. Hook talks about finding a body slumped over the parapets which was unknow to him by name - surely he would have know all the B coy men - could be either Chick or Scanlon
* Scanlon, J - A coy KIA
* Cooper, W - F coy
* Evens, F - H Coy
* Galgey, P - Drummer D coy
* Lyons John, Pte 1441 A coy
* Manley, J - A coy
* Meehan, J - Drummer A coy
* Sears, A - A coy
* Taylor, James - Lance-SGT E coy
* Williams, John Pte 934 E coy